Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Looking in to getting into VJ'in!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Alright. I have been DJ'in for some time now. I currently run with the Traktor Scracth Pro software on an HP laptop and American Audio CD Decks and American Audio 4 channel Digital Mixer (not MIDI or USB capable). I am in-house DJ for a popular club near where I live.

I have been researching a bit on starting to do some VJ'in. I know the Serato and Rane pretty much have the video setup down to a science with running the normal Serato software with the video plug-in and the TTM-57 mixer which decreases the amount of hardware you need, but DOES not decrease the expense with the mixer coming at almost $1600 and the software if necessary to be purchased.

I do know that Numark and Virtual Vinyl have perfected there own methods of Video Mixing. But what I am trying to do is have as little hardware and extra equipment as possible but still have full function of timecode as well as crossfading audio and video simultaneously while keeping my 4 channel mixer because it is necessary.cI have a dedicated computer for the country music nights (2 inputs for my mixing of hip/hop and other music, while the 3rd input is for the dedicated computer for country, and the 4th input on AUX from the dedicated computer to listen to music tracks before sent to input 3 to be played). Keeping in mind that I already have Traktor's Audio 8 DJ interface and timecodes in my cd decks how can incorporate Numark/Virtual Vinyl/Cue along with my Traktor to make this work. I have seen videos on YouTube where DJ's are using the Audio 8 DJ interface as the soundcard for Numark/VirtualVinyl software. BUT if necessary I will consider switching to running Numark/VirtualVinyl software and hardware all together if it makes things easier, but id rather not have multiple interfaces and software lying around not being used.

Long story short, how can I make this work and get the best functionality out of it? Like I said I want complete control over video/audio simultaneously while crossfading while still using timecodes. Whether it be a MINI/USB controller for controlling crossfading with the software thats fine. But what would be the best setup to run using Numark/VirtualVinyl?

Posted Mon 09 Nov 09 @ 12:02 am
I highly recomment the total control from numark it has everything you need. and use the virtual vinyl great programe.

Posted Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 9:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)