Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 2.07 (will the bad Crashing be fixed. Yes or No)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Im talking about the crashing thats been plauging some of us lately.

the bad crash where it just goes to the desktop with no crash guard

it happens when i scratch very heavy on turntable B when turntable A is looping a 4/8/16 bar loop.
i need very much so to be able to do this. scratching the intro into the next song to properly mix it.

sometimes it will crash, and other times it wont. i cant trust it anymore until i can sit there, and scratch the hell out of the beginning of every track while the other is looping.

im talking about the very beginning of the track, and not a little bit into it. alot of hip-hop tracks start out with a "bang," and the first beat is the first verse, and so forth. when i scratch the very beginning into a loop on the opposite turntable. i get the crash. it is very discouraging to say the least.

will this be fixed?

Posted Tue 03 May 05 @ 4:34 am
The crashing is STILL THERE. this is getting ridiculous.

when i loop turntable A, and then scratch the intro of turntable B (without a loop), I get the wonderful crash.

my computer has had a clean install of Win XP in the last 2 months, and i do not have SP2.
i have a 2.8 AMD athlon.
1 gig RAM,
M-audio delta44
ASUS a7n8x deluxe mobo,
decent video card.

it is not my set up that is malfunctioning. I have checked my IRQ conflicts, and there are'nt any with my m-audio delta44.

Will someone else please try and see if they can get the same crash?

Posted Mon 09 May 05 @ 11:36 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Disable the time stretch and try again.

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 12:39 am
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I tried for a solid hour today...couldn't cause a crash with my XP10 setup, but I'm still holding my final judgement. This is an elusive crash and I wouldn't be surprised to see it reappear again.

@cyder: Is there a known issue with timestretch causing instability?

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 12:55 am
I tryed it, timestretch on ... different song,
even tryed not to load the song on deck b completely and start scratching like mad ...

no crash

my specs: notebook 12'' 1280x800
CPU 1,4 celeron M 512kb Cache
768 MB ram
intel82855 VGA
winXP sp2
sound via vinyl ....
hercules dj console (not connected during this test)

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 10:58 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Yes it was known master tempo could cause crash in the past but i don't know now as it was improved

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 11:40 am
well, i had to go back to 2.06, but removing the timestretch, and limiter helped (i think)

it was weird. i installed the newer version from the update, and i got that other bug where the song would jump forward a bit. i contacted VDJ staff (i know they hate me by now), and let them know. they gave me the full install of 2.1, but that still had the jumping bug. =( at that point, i asked to install 2.06 again, and thats where im at now.

it hasnt crashed, and ive tried to make it.
its when i scratch the very beginning of a track when im looping the other one.
it hasnt happend, so i am happy.
ill let you guys hear some shit on my soundclick page when i get it working to my expectations.

peace

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 2:40 am
"...i know they hate me by now..."

hehe... not at all ;) we love all of you..

And all feedback is welcome of course. Dev team have made a lot of fixes for 2.1
Even for scratch safty etc. And will continue on the work so that it works perfect for everybody

It works perfect for me, not able to crash it no matter how hard i try...
But pc's have so many different setups, drivers, different standards.. So its not an easy job to make it work flawless no matter what you do.

The scratch in beginning of song, is still an issue worked at
Even though I can not reproduce it, and many others can not too
But as long as a few have that problem, its an issue worked on :)

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 2:59 am
Dj Norway i really like vdj because of his handling futures,skins,plugins-etc.....BUT if you like to see what stability means have a look at TRAKTOR!!!!!!!!Stupid handling but brilliand soundquality with or without timestretch!!!!!!!no skipping no crash nothing!
Why is the dev-team not able to do so!!!!!!!
Maby because the spend there time on things nobody needs on a Dj-sofware?????
I´m very sorry about that and i dont understand it at all!!!!!

sorry for my bad english:-)

Posted Tue 17 May 05 @ 8:35 pm
It is fixed. The fix will come in the next version 2.11

Posted Tue 17 May 05 @ 9:08 pm
do you guys know the way VDJ does its time stretching is by nuding left and right by different ammounts and different intervals? this can be seen when moving a song manualy with timestretch enabled versus diassabled or simply TC on but Pitch at +0%. This is the cause of the missed beats with timestetch on, it literaly nudges sometimes right on beat and you miss the peak of the beat making it sound realy weird and half hit. someone said it was improved in the newer versions, well im sorry but its not in the demo i have (3.0).

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 3:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)