Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Problem using a self "combined" skin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I tried to develop an own skin for virtual dj by combining 2 skins (Boanerges + Internal Mixer)
I used photoshop to edit the bmp file, and i manually edited the xml file in notepad... (i just used the xml files of the 2 existing skins to find out how it all works...)
Now i am ready, i zipped all files and tried to put them into the virtual dj skin folder.

The problem is now that Virtual DJ wont recognize my skin... (it wont appear in the skin list)
What would the problem be?

Posted Tue 03 Nov 09 @ 6:07 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
don't know nothing on skinning but it has been mentioned if vdj logo is not present on skin it wont work, i'm probably a million miles off but it could be a reason.

or that could be i'm confused, lol, and it's the reason for some skins not been accepted into plugin section.... lol

Posted Tue 03 Nov 09 @ 7:47 pm
MS Notepad gives problems with the saved file.
i would recomend searching for notepad2 from your favourite search engine.

Posted Tue 03 Nov 09 @ 7:52 pm
It makes no difference if i edit the file with notepad 2... :s
The virtual DJ Logo is also added to the bmp-file, but it don't makes any difference either...

Could it be possible that i have to change some settings when i add the files to a ZIP file?

Posted Wed 04 Nov 09 @ 4:09 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
it should work either if its a .zip or not, as long as its in the correct folder. Check to see if the zip is correct. Both files need to have the same name.
EX:
name.bpm
name.XML

double check the folder is correct too. I know it all sounds simple but maybe you overlooked something.

Posted Wed 04 Nov 09 @ 4:13 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
MasterDworV wrote :
The virtual DJ Logo is also added to the bmp-file, but it don't makes any difference either...

You dont add the virtualDJ logo in the bmp file. The logo appears in the screen if you have the correct line (logo) in the xml file.
Of course this is not the reason that the skin does not appear in the skin list.
Be sure also that the .zip file is included in the MyDocuments/VirtualDJ/Skins

Posted Thu 05 Nov 09 @ 10:39 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,

You can also try to put the 2 files in your skin-map (no zipfile)
And double double double check the first lines in your skin.

best regards,
John

Posted Thu 05 Nov 09 @ 10:29 pm
Yay i found it!! Thx a lot for the help everybody! How could i forget there is another skin folder (the MyDocuments one...) :s
Now everything works perfect!

Posted Fri 06 Nov 09 @ 11:06 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)