Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Looking for a developer to create a plug-in for me

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I thought MIDI Time Code was an absolute timing mechanism without tempo information, and if wanting to sync to audio that MIDI Beat Clock would be more appropriate?

As has been discussed, VDJ 6 includes a MIDI_CLOCK function for the Simple MIDI Wrapper - although I'm yet to even try it out properly. I did also partly write a MBC plugin.

I've raised your post level to hide your email address from the spam bots too btw :)

Posted Fri 30 Oct 09 @ 12:10 am
From my understanding it is an absolute timing, which is what I need.

The lighting software that I use is Sunlite Suite www.nicolaudie.com. In that program, they have a timeline based editor where you drop and drag lighting sequences onto a timeline and in doing so can sync them up with cues within the song, just like a rock concert. The problem is, the absolute position needs to be sent. So basically, I need a way for the active deck to send out it's absolute position in the song via MTC (MIDI Time Code). The thing is, as DJs, we never know where in the song we're going to start the song or where in the song we're going to mix into the next song, so this is the only way I have to sync lights. Also, when we adjust pitch it changes the timing too, which can be addressed with MTC..

Anyone? Buehler?

Thanks,
Randal

Posted Fri 15 Jan 10 @ 11:28 pm
Hi everybody.

i'm messing arround with some plugins and maybe i found a solution for you, but not for me,-for now...
check this http://www.thepiz.org/pizmidi/midiOut.zip
if u extract this plugin into the soundeffects plugins directory, you can load it as a plugin on the deck that you are playing in vdj BUT this plugin doesn't have any sound inputs or outputs. It is just cutting off the audio (for the reason i mentioned before, no inputs-outputs for audio) but it sends midi timecode to the device that u will specify! I hope that someone here in the vdj forum will help us by programming a plugin to do the job.

As for me, i just want to send midi clock to a midi yoke input and route it to ableton live, so i can play music with vdj and add sounds with ableton.
No need for rewire, because i can use different sound cards and mix them with a dj mixer, also the vdj and live will be independent programs (when you use rewire, you must first close vdj and after the live, because live is the host). i just want to send midi clock and the ability have a delay to the midi clock phase, because ableton will just listen midi clock and play. i want to have the ability to scratch, fine pitch etc... without changing the midi clock bpm. i want midi clock bpm to be stable and resync it with one of the deck bpm (just like pressing sync in vdj and afterwards u can do whatever u like as a dj :))))
Thanks for your attention. i'll check this post frequently.

PS. Excuse me for asking for a plugin (i think that maybe someone here who have made allready a plugin can do this in a matter of minutes! u just need to route the 2 sound inputs to the sound outputs,-no need for audio effect really-and just transmit the midi clock to the midi device of your choice). i really (and i mean it!) tried to make one by my self, but i do not have experience into programing with Visual Studio and other programing languages.

Maybe this could be a feature inside the next vdj version (since nobody wants to mess up with rewire). Cheers

Posted Wed 28 Apr 10 @ 2:19 pm
VDJ does have a MIDI_CLOCK function but I've not yet been able to get it to work personally.

I wrote a plugin for v5 that implemented MIDI clock but it's not compatible with v6 unfortunately.

Finally: Even if someone was to create a plugin it would only be available to registered users.

Posted Wed 28 Apr 10 @ 6:33 pm
Hi again.

Thanks for the quick answer SBDJ.
I'm currently a "Torq" user, since this software came along with my Xponent hardware, BUT i've never seen a so easy to use and to config software like VDJ before. The things that i love in Vdj is 1)the browser and the way it handles database, 2)the VDJscript, which allows to users to take control over the controllers that they use etc...
The things that i expect from Atomix productions is 1)rewire support (at least a midi clock send or receive with phase correction), 2)the ability to tell Vdj which dll's to use for... let's say mp3 decoding (lame.dll) , and last but not least, since this software is for users and not for programers, a wizard "thing" to make skins, plugins etc..

That's all.

Finally, i could buy not only one licence, but 100 for my customers (and myself) who use a dj mixing software. I'm into building dj booths and sound systems all over greece with new technologies and smart solutions for every need. So... i can allready have access as a pro user from my customer's account but (since i'm telling you the truth) im a no licenced user...for now! I hope the atomix productions team will do more for it's software (and not only adding mappers...) and be sure that i'll become a pro user ;)

Thanks again and keep up the great job that you are doing.

Dimis.

Posted Thu 29 Apr 10 @ 6:39 am
I don't work for Atomix but I'm sure they will have seen this thread :)

I also own Torq (and an Xponent) so I understand where you are coming from.

I will try and get some more information on MIDI Clock in VDJ. I did look into implementing rewire support myself, but Propellerheads will not supply the SDK to individuals unfortunately.

You can already specify which decoder to use for each file type. You don't specify a dll but rather a decoder; for example setting it to "Windows media audio decoder" will use the relevant directshow filter.

There is a skin creator available to registered users, but you can't really use a wizard to make plugins since it's C++ (and DirectX for video plugins) development work. If you're not a programmer you can always make a request and a plugin developer such as myself might pick it up and run with it :)

Posted Thu 29 Apr 10 @ 6:03 pm
Thanks again SBDJ :)

Posted Fri 30 Apr 10 @ 11:39 am
cwflukePRO InfinityMember since 2007
So far, I have yet to be able to get the MIDI_CLOCK to send anything out to something. Unless VDJ cares to respond to any of the threads or update the wiki, as far as I am concerned the MIDI_CLOCK doesn't work.

Posted Tue 29 Jun 10 @ 5:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)