Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Need help with my RMX and Amp connection....

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I connected my RMX up to my amp and speakers but the audio is very low. My crossfader and volume controls are not working either. Where did I go wrong in my setup? Please Help......

Posted Thu 29 Oct 09 @ 9:35 pm
Have you installed herc drivers and did you plug herc in before starting your computer because you should.

You can go to config and hit mappers or whatever it's called and click on the scan for devices and then click on the RMX option.

Are you using the RMX without an external mixer? eg computer, RMX, AMP, Speakers

If so, it should be: computer, mixer, RMX, AMP, Speakers

Posted Fri 30 Oct 09 @ 3:51 am
1. Make sure you have the latest drivers from hercules.com which are named 2009_HDJC_3.

2. Make sure your soundcard defaults to the RMX when its connected.

3. Make sure the master volume on your PC is turned up - as this will be the RMX now

4. If you're using a PA amp then use the balanced 1/4" connections. Home Amp use the RCA's

5. If you are using the "standard" set up make sure you use outputs 1&2 (balanced or RCA's) only. Outputs 3&4 will be your cue channel and therefore will be affected by the headphone volume knob - as well as changing decks when you load a track!!!

6. Remember the centre slider is the master volume

As Charlie says. you should connect the RMX to a mixer prior to connecting to the amp, but you should still get a decent level of output.

Test by max-ing all three volume sliders , left, right and master - but kill the volume on your amp first and then turn up and see what levels you get.

Hope this helps, if not post back your issues and we'll see what we can do to help.

Roy

Posted Fri 30 Oct 09 @ 7:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)