Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Which Midi CDJ's for Virtual DJ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi There,

Been trying to convince a DJ friend of mine who uses standard CDJ's (and still loves his 1210's) that VDJ is the way forward.

He is looking at upgrading his Pioneer CDJ's as the are a bit old and worn now. He likes Virtual DJ, but not convinced by the fact it runs on a computer, so I suggested getting some Midi CDJ's like the Denon DN-3700 or Pioneer CDJ-400's so he can use them as a midi controller for VDJ but also switch back and use CD's and MP3 CD's

Would appreciate any advice, comments and pointers.

Cheers

Mark 'Van' Wheeler

Posted Thu 22 Oct 09 @ 5:39 am
Anyone got any views on this?

Posted Fri 23 Oct 09 @ 9:42 am
Yes, go with CDJ-400s. I've done a handful of videos on YouTube regarding my use of VDJ with CDJ-400s.

http://www.youtube.com/rudedog66

Sift through my videos there. There are also tons of others all over YouTube. I have had great experiences VDJ/CDJ-400 combination. I have Serato too but I use VDJ more.

DJ RuDe

Keep Spinnin'!!

Posted Fri 23 Oct 09 @ 12:35 pm
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
CDJ 400

And it has a good sounding soundcard too.
If you can have 2 of these you can flawlessly shift from MIDI to CD or vice versa without interrupting your mixes.

Posted Sat 24 Oct 09 @ 8:31 pm
If hes using 1210's He wont like CDJ 400's Trust me. The CDJ 400s work fine but the platter is not large enough to feel comfortable. I think he would feel better with 3700's.

Posted Sun 25 Oct 09 @ 1:27 am
Thanks for the advice guys, he's not currently using the 1210's when gigging, he has some old non MP3 pioneer CDJ's. The 1210's are his toys then he plays around with. Think we're going to take a visit to West End DJ in London to try out a few bits. But I think he'll end up going for the CDJ-400's.

Cheers,

VW

Posted Mon 26 Oct 09 @ 8:29 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Westend DJ...
It's were i bought my Audio8, Serato TCV's, NI TCV's and CDJ400s'.
A bit pricey but they gave me reasonable discount plus free 3pcs. CDs though.
Good luck.

Posted Mon 26 Oct 09 @ 8:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)