Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: After advice on creating a Karaoke Book

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,

its been a while since I done Karaoke but I have one coming up in a month or so and I need to create some books and im wondering what is the best way to do this.

all my karaoke is stored on my PC using .mp3 & .cdg files, before I have used Song List Creator by Latshaw systems which was brilliant!! but it was a trial and was limited to 1000 songs, back then I only had about 900 so it was fine but now I have got over 1000 songs so I would need to buy the full product at $80!!!! - really dont want to do that as the software will get used about once a year.

Is there any FREE software out there that can create karaoke books from files on your PC with our any limitations? or is there a better way to do it?

I welcome any advice on this and thank you in advance

Fatboy

Posted Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 10:53 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Import text file into excel or access of what you already have an then just addd what you don't, or into word.doc manually.

Or Check here Link: http://www.cnet.com/

Good Luck

Joey.....

Posted Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 11:10 am
i use fast tracks pro not free but prob about the best book software i've come across but i do new books every 4 months or so, that made it worth me purchasing, it does however remove duplicate enteries etc when you come to print the books and you have several options on how you want the books to look

Posted Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 5:56 pm
Does it read your files on the HD or do u need to manually add the discs

Posted Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 11:56 pm
you can either do it manually or straight from your folders i used the manual option takes a bit longer but looks better, but unlike a lot of book software once you do your books edit any tracks that need doing it remembers the edits etc as your book is seperate from the disc database

Posted Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 4:36 am
Hi

I've tried alot of books for KJ but i'm very happy with MusicbookDelxe been using it for years you can start a subcription for as little as $19.95 to organize your listing in a real professional format, plus you can get a free demo to try first, My advise is to try it I delieve you'll be like it.
Link: http://www.musicbookdeluxe.com/

Good Luck

Joey....

Posted Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 10:44 am
I use KJPro for same price. The thing is perfect for me.

Posted Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 5:57 pm
djronh1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
+1 for KJPro

Posted Thu 15 Oct 09 @ 9:08 am
Tag&Rename also has an export option where you can pick what you want to include. It's inexpensive and powerful for other tasks with mp3+g as well...That's why I use it. Anyway, getting a quick list together is not difficult. After you do the export, you can open the file in an Excel sheet and arrange things the way you want. This is good for very simple lists that you can put together using your actual collection without having to select discs like in KJPro.

However, if you have a very large collection, KJPro is probably the way to go for better listing functionality and appearance of the finished lists as a matter of a more professional look.

Posted Thu 15 Oct 09 @ 12:33 pm
Any other suggestions? I just want to print a list without having to dick around copying and pasting, etc. I dont want a subscription to anything and especially dont want to pay US$99 ;)

Posted Thu 15 Oct 09 @ 2:44 pm
Been doing Karaoke for 25 years now and tried every software to make books but never found anything to my taste. I have been using Microsoft Access for the past 4 years to create the pages of my books as I have 365 pages and don't show repeats of song titles. Customers use to get confused and ask nightly why there were 3-6 of the same song, etc, no more the way I do it. It's a little hard to learn the program at 1st but I have now mastered it over time... Well worth it. Check out my book at one of my club sites at http://www.scotyz.ca/karaoke book 2009 march.pdf

I am available to set you up a template and instruct you for a small fee to use Access and get a high quality book like mine. Once the template is complete all you do is import the text or excel file into access and it will sort everything out for you, etc. You'll notice that it has yellow background at every second song title, once printed it comes out as a light grey scale colour. Easier to read. Don't try to save paper by making the font smaller, you'll get constant complaints. Save as pdf and bring it to a local printing outlet and viola. You just need to make a cover. My covers were made using Microsoft Publisher and i have them Plastised on both side and have the whole book spiraled together. In Canada each complete book costs me about $15cdn to make at my printer's. my books are used 7 nights a week and they are still in good shape since my last print in March 09. My new books will be out in 2 weeks with an additional 1500 songs. It takes me about 10 minutes to add them to the database and convert to pdf.

Funkmasterfrank

Posted Thu 15 Oct 09 @ 4:11 pm
Here\'s a Page from my book using MusicBook Deluxe Joey...

Posted Thu 15 Oct 09 @ 10:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)