Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Baffled by a button that won't work.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi everyone.

I'm tweaking a skin to suit exactly what I need and am stumped on a DECK SELECT button.
I've created the bit of XML as shown here:

<button action="deck 1 select">
<size width="18" height="13"/>
<pos x="568" y="4"/>
</button>

But it simply will not work. It does nothing. Nada. Zilcho.

I use "deck 1 select" as a keyboard shortcut and it works. I use "deck 1 select" as a mapped comand from my midi controller and it works but it won't work from that clickable area on my skin.

Ay help would be fab. Cheers.

Martin

Posted Thu 08 Oct 09 @ 6:52 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You have to add a few lines in the xml

<selected .....
and <down ....

Posted Thu 08 Oct 09 @ 10:47 am
I did start out with those parts of code but it made nu difference so I stripped it down to try to figure out what was wrong.

I figured if the min/max/close buttons don't need the extra code I'd try keeping things simple just until I get it working.

Thanks.

Posted Thu 08 Oct 09 @ 11:07 am
You don't have to have <selected...> or <down....> for a function to work. They are only there to direct to an alternative part of the .BMP when the button is active.

As for why the deck select function button doesn't work, i am lost. The code looks fine to me.

All i would suggest is double check your spelling in actual XML, ensure you have opened and closed the function correctly.

Posted Thu 08 Oct 09 @ 3:10 pm
The bit of XML is:

<button action="deck 1 select">
<size width="18" height="13"/>
<pos x="568" y="4"/>
</button>

I'm puzzled.

Posted Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 8:23 am
I just thought I'd mention that the select area (button) is in the top 'grab zone' and when I place my mouse over it, the cursor changes to a pointer so the actual area is being acknowledged as 'something' but when I click it, nothing and when I place mouse over it, the command is not shown in text like it does on other buttons.

Posted Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 9:03 am
Got it working.
Changed the first line to
<button action="select" chan="1">

Posted Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 9:14 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Than your skin-version is not 6
read below version="6"

<Skin name="VirtualDJ 6 Advanced Default" version="6" width="1024" height="768">
<copyright>- (c)2009 - Atomix Productions -</copyright>

Posted Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 11:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)