Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: %100 OF CPU USAGE WHEN MIXING TWO SONGS..

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ ACOHome userMember since 2005
I HAVE A AMD ATHLON XP 2500+ W/ 1GB OF DDR RAM... SHOULD VIRTUAL DJ RUN SMOOTHLY..OR IS THERE ALWAYS GONNA BE MOMENTS OF LAG.. CHOPINESS...

Best Regards... Aleks
p.s. love the program... just wish it would run perfectly smooth...

Posted Mon 25 Apr 05 @ 5:35 pm
What version are you using?

MS

Posted Mon 25 Apr 05 @ 6:55 pm
V 2.0... OR 2.1... DOES 2.6 HAVE MANY MORE FEAUTURES? OR IS IT PRETTY MUCH THE SAME THING..

Posted Tue 26 Apr 05 @ 9:49 pm
ALSO IM SOMEWHAT NEW TO DJ WORLD.. ASIDE FROM MY PC..AND SOUND SYSTEM.. WHAT SHOULD BE THE NEXT MOST CRUCIAL INSTRAMENT TO BUY... XP10 CONTROLLER OR SOMTHING ELSE... THANKS AGAIN >>>

Posted Tue 26 Apr 05 @ 9:56 pm
the software should run smoothly

regarding 2.01 (old), there was some issues with playin with max load set to none..
(fixed in later releases)

For the version you are using, set max load to always

by the way, 2.01 is outdated. Please try the demo of 2.06, and if you like the software, buy it for full support, free updates and more :)

so the next thing should be to buy the software for full working features, then maybe a xp10 controller :)

hope to see you as a full member

Posted Tue 26 Apr 05 @ 10:20 pm
dj in norway thanx for info.. i will most likely be buying 2.6 ... also wat do u think of the DJconsole by hercules.. should i consider buying one of those? have u had and experience w/ them... thanx again.. cao

Posted Wed 27 Apr 05 @ 12:19 am
I do have Hercules controller

Is a good all-in-one-box starter controller for newbie djs, or semi-pro djs.

It got controller for VirtualDJ (will controll the software, and sliders will even move in skin...nice)
It got a profesionall soundcard with 2x stereo output for external mixer, or you can use 1x stereo output for using the Hercules as a mixer only

Good thing about Hercules is that it got all you need, just plug it in, run Virtual DJ, and you are ready to mix ;)

Bad thing, some think... (i dont) is that it's a bit "toyish" look, feels a bit plastic, and have some (little by me) issues with responsiveness at play button...

You can also make basic scratch with the jogwheels by the way, with the full version of Virtual DJ

There are many good things about Hercules, and I still use it, even if I am a proffesional dj

For more pro controller, XP10 would be one good choice.
It only have one controller, and one soundcard, so you might think of getting 2 of them if you are going to be connected to external mixer. XP10 is better for scratch than Hercules...

last but not least, is timecode vinyl or CD.
with this you can use regular dj hardware (turntable/Cdplayer) to controll virtual dj.
You would then need to buy a asio soundcard with 2x stereo in and 2x stereo out (Like maya 44 and more)... and is also the best thing to get for scratch....

I am a club dj, and dont scratch... just smooth club mixing... so Hercules works great for me...

If you are new to djing, hercules is a good way to get started with practicing and more

Posted Wed 27 Apr 05 @ 3:13 am
2.06! Not 2.6... (just a pointer).

Posted Wed 27 Apr 05 @ 4:13 pm
thanx for the suggestions! if herc's ok by u.. its ok by me... u seem to know wat u'r talkin bout.. thanx 4 da info.... really helped

Posted Wed 27 Apr 05 @ 6:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)