Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problem with playing videos over HDMI

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi,
I changed my video system from S_VHS to HDMI. I connect the HDMI-Output to a HDMI Switcher (to show an video from an other source if I doesn´t play a video in virtualdj) after the switcher i split the HDMI signal in 2 Outputs for 2 TV over a HDMI-Splitter.

the problem is that my pc disconnet the second Output (=HDMI) an virtualdj crashes. If this only happened after i switched the source i can unterstand but the pc disconnet also the HDMI-port during i play a video over virtualdj.

is there an possibility to deactivate the automatical connetion from the HDMI-Output or how can i simulate an active HDMI-Port during the whole session?

I´m running an PC with WinXP (DualCore 2,9Ghz, 3,5 GB RAM, Geforce 9500). I use virtualDJ 5 because in virtualdj 6 the mapper for my DENON HC4500 is not so usefull for me.

Has anyone the same perfomance an can help me?

by the way I´m searching for an good graphics card: before i installed the Geforce 9500 i had the 9800 installed but the 9800 doesn´t work with virtualdj. the system slows and some files crashes. in an other system i tested an ATI4850 which gets pixel mistakes. Has anyone an good graphics card for me?

thanks for helping
regards

Posted Sun 04 Oct 09 @ 8:16 am
I have a friend of mine that had the same problem and he came up with a solution that works for him. Try going out your hdmi on your computer into a splitter. Send one output to one of the tv's hdmi inputs. send the other to your hdmi switch. This way even though your tv is not using the extra input it is still always connected to the tv. You can set you tv to only use the hdmi port connected to the switch and not the one connected to the splitter.

That sounds kind of confusing but basically when you are playing a vid the tv will have your vid coming in on hdmi 1 and on hdmi 2.
When you use your switch on hdmi 2 to change back to cable or satallite or whatever, hdmi 1 will still be enabled but the tv will only be showing hdmi 2 video. This will prevent your screen from dropping out.

Hope this helps.

DJ James

Posted Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 2:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)