Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VirtualDJ 6.0 with Torq Vinyls

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just got VirtualDJ 6.0 and I have a problem which I hope can be solved. I am using Connectiv and Torq timecode vinyls with my Numark TTX-1 turntables. The vinyls are able to work with VDJ, but the pitch is very low at 33 and 45 rpm. It sounds like a 45 rpm record at 33 rpm. I have to put my turntables at 78 rpm just to get a normal sound with a +/- 20 pitch. Is there a way to adjust the program so that it will play the tracks at 33 or 45 rpm? I looked at all the settings and seem to have found no fix for it. I also have tried each different timecode from Serato to Pinkys and nothing works. Any help would be appreciated so I can enjoy this great program with the Torq vinyls.

Posted Sat 03 Oct 09 @ 10:23 pm
nsxmarvPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I hate to ask, but did you go into the Timecode config section in settings and change it to torq? If not, that should do it.

Posted Sun 04 Oct 09 @ 2:21 am
Yes. I tried Torq and this is the reason I am having the problem. I tried other timecodes with no results. Some played in reverse and I selected the inverse wires check box. Those played slightly better, but were still at a lower pitch.

Posted Sun 04 Oct 09 @ 1:43 pm
What do you have your turntables connected to, the mixer or directly into the connectiv box? It sounds like you're not getting a clear signal to VDJ.

Posted Sun 04 Oct 09 @ 4:10 pm
I have the turntables connected to the Connectiv unit which is connected to my mixer (Numark 5000FX). The tracks play and I am able to scratch with them, adjust the pitch, backspin... pretty much everything, but the track plays like a 45rpm record at 33rpm. As I stated earlier, the only way I can have a, for example, 140bpm track sound correct is by playing it at 78 rpm and about -20% pitch. I updated the Connectiv drivers with no luck. When I play my timecode vinyls through Torq itself, it plays fine. I just would rather use VirtualDJ as it is much more stable than Torq.

I picked every timecode in VDJ with different results, but still with problems. I am assuming this has to be a software issue as the hardware is working well and other software is reading the timecodes. I will try some more things today and even put different, higher quality cables to see if that has an effect.

I appreciate your help and input!

Posted Sun 04 Oct 09 @ 5:21 pm
Do you have the adjust for 45 rpm checked in the debug section? If so, unclick it.

Posted Sun 04 Oct 09 @ 6:24 pm
Yes. I tried it both checked and unchecked with no luck. I tried pretty much every combination in the Debug settings with no success. I tried a few more things just right now, but again with no luck. I tried Torq again and it is working perfectly. I want to get VDJ going so badly tho.

Posted Sun 04 Oct 09 @ 7:06 pm
We'll I can't think of anything else it could be, maybe someone else can help you. Sorry.

Posted Sun 04 Oct 09 @ 8:36 pm
Thanks for all your help friend!

I hope it can be fixed soon!

Posted Sun 04 Oct 09 @ 10:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)