Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: OVERKILL? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Jerry that warning that says home edition user only means that only those who have a status of home edition and up can download or access these links. You are a pro user so you can go ahead and download anyone of those you want.

Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Tue 03 May 05 @ 3:07 am
Thanks DJ_whiteDVL:

I wanted a vocal reducer and that only had a home edition user so I did not download it. I still have not found any karaoke plug-in. Also I still need to know how to play karaoke files. A karaoke file that maintains both the mp3 and the graphic files can be used or do I need each file (mp3 and cdg)?

Thanks again DJ_whiteDVL!!

Oldie but Goodie

Jerry

Posted Tue 03 May 05 @ 3:11 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Jerry,

Go to your FX section of the skin, look down the left hand side of available Plug-in/FXs.
You should see the Karaoke plugin listed. Select and hold the mouse button on the plug-in and drag it to the first square for deck 1, then repeat the process to deck 2.

Now for your second question, two files in same location. Go back to the MUSIC section and browse to your file location in the left pane, select the file from the middle pane, and drag it onto deck 1 or 2, click on the FX section, click on the appropriate FX/Plug-in for that deck to engage the Karaoke function to read the file associated with that MP3.

Now, simply click on the Play for the appropriate deck and watch the words in the Right pane of the FX section.

Hope this gets you started, and if I am off on anything I am sure djjb will chime in shortly.

btw, check out my entire BLOG on the humming issues, it is a very inexpensive investment to solve the humming. And, if you don't have the Plug-in as mentioned above then look in my BLOG for my email and shoot me an email and I will send you the dll for the Karaoke plug-in.

cstoll

Posted Tue 03 May 05 @ 3:44 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
jerry....if you want you can send me a e- mail..
i will help you with your plug-in...
it's in my blog..

Posted Tue 03 May 05 @ 4:57 am
Thank you Cstoll - I just figured out how to play my karaoke files and it works just fine. I have had too look for a help file on how to clear songs and add songs, cue songs etc etc and just found the pdf file so now I can read up.

I am still a little confused about what I need for dual video connections - I have added in my post info about my laptop and hopefully someone will let me know if I have the correct video outs for the karaoke to work correctly.

Oldie But goodie
Jerry

Posted Tue 03 May 05 @ 6:39 am
Thanks DJJB

Since I purchased my software I have been getting other things in order and have the karaoke plug-in working just fine. (I think) I can at least see the words on my computer screen. Not sure if I have enough video from my laptop to get to a TV set. I posted what I had on my computer but no one replied or I just missed reading the post if there is one. Glad it will work with mp3+cdg files since they are smaller than a cdg file. One song that I tested was 1.5mb mp3 and 4.5mb cdg so combined it was 6.0 approx file size for one song. If I combine them in to a BIN or CDG file the cdg file is 33mb and the BIN is almost as bad.

Since I have over 5,000 files of karaoke songs you can imagine the size of the hard drive that I will need. If the average size of a song is 6,000,000b x 5,000songs = 30,000,000,000b or a 300 gig hard drive just for karaoke songs. Then I also have the top 100 songs for every year since 1955. Which is 50 years x 100 songs per year or 5,000 songs just for the top 100. Need I go on? I will be tailoring my songs down until I get a couple of hard drives lol.

Thanks to everyone again! I will be getting my Maya 44 tomorrow since I did a 2nd day air. I am hoping to have it up and running by Monday night 05/09/05 for the mp3 portion of my goal. The karaoke songs will wait.

Since I am almost 60 years old my knowledge of hobostank? sp? - maroon5 - PDiddy etc is only a vague knowledge of what these artist songs are so I really needed a system to get the songs to the crowd with a better efficiency than before. Now I can just call up the artist or song name I hope and it will play. I still haven't played with the VDJ system yet so I don't know the best way to get my songs into the play list. In fact I have no idea what I am doing with that so far but I will figure it out (hopefully) lol.

I need to practice getting a song by searching and then getting it cued up and ready while another song is playing so I can make a smooth transition to the next song. It would be nice to hear the type of song before playing it so I don't play 5 slow songs in a row etc. Not sure what else I will be doing with the software other than that. Seems like a waste to have such a powerful program only to use it for playing mp3 files. Not sure about all the bells and whistles of the software and how they might help me make a better dj show. I have some weddings and private parties coming up so I will practice.

Have to go for now but you will see me off and on again. If you have any ideas of plug-ins or ways to make the software work for me to make my shows better then please post them. My plan is to buy some lights but not sure what I should buy that I can afford that would make the show a better show for the people. Next I will check out some web sites that might have lighting that would be easy to transport and have some affect on the crowd.

Boy if I was 20 years younger I could tear it up! lol

Oldie but Goodie

Jerry Thomas

Posted Thu 05 May 05 @ 11:53 pm
About technical stuff...

Things you might want to add to your laptop for best performance :

1. External hardrive for all the karaoke and mp3 files (external usb2 harddrives are cheap)
2. If your laptop does not have video out, get an external videobox with video out... That will give you karaoke lyrics on tv-screen/monitor where you have your shows at

The maya soundcard might be "over the top" for you, as its really an advanced soundcard aimed first of all for asio use (timecode vinyl)
You can do great with a less expencive soundcard.
If you get an external usb 4.1/5.1 soundcard, that will make you able to prelisten a track before you mix it in

Being at your age, and having your skills in computers, actually Hercules DJ console might be good for you.
It's a good little ting for pub djs/karaoke djs, that will give you (1) A controller for VDJ (2) A "dual" soundcard that will make you able to prelisten tracks (3) have mic in and headphone out and crossfader, so is acutally also a small dj mixer (if you dont have that)
In many ways - its an all-in-the-box solution for djs that does not have the need for a club setting where there are external hardware, or where the dj do advanced scratching and so on....

I would warmly recommend Hercules, instead of Maya for your use.
It would make your VDJ life and Karaoke dj a lot easier

anyway... feel free to contact me, or keep asking in this thread, and we will help you the best we can :)

welcome as a full member, and VDJ does have the best support forum.... :)

Posted Fri 06 May 05 @ 12:53 am
Thanks DJ_in_Norway:

Too late I had a new Maya 44 shipped to me 2nd day air. So at least I will have a good card. My lap top has a yellow jack that has a square symbol and an arrow pointing out of the square. Yellow is typically a video out and I think a square with an arrow coming out of it represents a video out but I am not 100% sure.

This week-end I am going to attach my Maya to my mixer and experiment so I can use the system on Tuesday night at my show. I will try to MSN with you as time permits but I first need to get this update to work.

In some ways I like the idea that when I went into VDJ that I was told about an update and when I logged in a red underlined file was available for me to update VDJ. I downloaded the software and then tried to run it and I was told that I needed version 2.0x or higher or I had to install the full version again. I checked and my version is 2.06 so I don't know what to do since it keeps telling me that I need 2.0x or higher.

What is the problem?

Oldie But Goodie
Jerry

Posted Sat 07 May 05 @ 4:37 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Jerry,

You are fine. Download the latest version. The karaoke piece is now native to the program and does not use up a plugin spot. You won't be disappointed.

Download the update to your destop and then run the update executable. Be aware that your system needs to have DirectX 9c installed for the new version to work properly.

And as for your video out, I had been meaning to post this... Yes that is your vid out the yellow jack. You can get a 1/8" A/V to RCA A/V cable from Radio Shack, Best Buy, etc. When you get the cable, because of the new video integration in 2.1 you will only use the Yellow RCA connector to plug in to your video receiver ( TV ), the audio feed through the Deck 1 or Deck 2 outputs. 1/8" Jack plugs into the jack on the back of the VAIO.

Once you have the cable hooked up, go to the Control Panel and double click on the Display properties. Click on the settings tab and then you will see two grey boxes. One is your desktop and the other is your Video Out on the back. Click on smaller box on the right so that it is selected. Then just above the Identify, Troubleshoot, Advance buttons is a line with a check box that reads something like "Extend my video to this monitor." Put a check in the box and click on apply, then OK.

Now back to VDJ, click on the CONFIG for the configuration dialogs. Go to the "Video" tab. From the drop down list choose the only video source listed. Now, you can play with the "Use hardware Accelaration" but for only karaoke stuff you should be fine leaving it un-check.
Look over the other settings and chose what is appropriate for you. Then click on OK.

Now go to you karaoke files and drag one onto Deck 1 and watch the magic happen.

Hope this helps,

cstoll

Posted Sat 07 May 05 @ 9:49 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)