Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: PLEASE HELP ME!!!! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

hi guys, i hope this is the right place to post this if not im sorry.. :( i just recieved my brand new Hercules DJ control mp3 e2 today. plugged it in loaded the cd and vdj and vdj wouldn't recognise it...saying that the controll wasn't plugged in..etc. anyways had a root around and found that there was a problem with the bulk driver? I looked all over google and couldn't find anything...please help as im not bothered 2 send this back overseas...=( oh i am running Windows Vista 32bit on a HP Pavillion dv6000 laptop...guys if 1 of you helps me i swear u would be theeeeee biggest heroes ever!!! thanks!!! xxx

Posted Mon 28 Sep 09 @ 6:38 pm
basemanPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Do you have the latest version of the drivers from http://ts.hercules.com
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers from Device manager?
Try another USB port, on my laptop it won't work in a particular USB port for some reason.

Posted Mon 28 Sep 09 @ 7:26 pm

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers a million times! and i found the technical support from hercules for the Mp3 e2 VERY unelpful =(
only have 3 ub ports and have tried them all..its getting to a point where im about to cry as i've been waitng for this for soooo long grrr! thanks for the help though!

Posted Tue 29 Sep 09 @ 3:37 pm
Have you had any Logitech drivers installed previously on your pc, the drivers can mess up the midi information?

Posted Tue 29 Sep 09 @ 9:41 pm
no, no logitech things installed at all! :( is this problem bcause of my computer or becuase of the drivers?
Bulk: 4.6.6.0
ASIO: 4.5.9.0
MIDI: 4.3.4.0
But when i take a look at my device manager all i see is:
DJ Control MP3 e2 Bulk (with a yellow triangle with a "!")
DJ Control MP3 e2 MIDI

And thats it! =(

Posted Wed 30 Sep 09 @ 4:33 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The drivers are not properly loaded .... that is why you have the (!) exclamation mark ...

Delete the 2 entries from the Device Manager
Shut down the system ...
Unplug the controller ...
Power up the system ...
Go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> Remove the DJConsole Drivers
Reboot ... leave the controller UNPLUGGED
Run the driver install and plug in the controller when the driver install asks for it.

Posted Wed 30 Sep 09 @ 4:44 pm
i have done all that...nothing has changed =( thanks for the help though

Posted Wed 30 Sep 09 @ 5:22 pm
should i just send it back?

Posted Wed 30 Sep 09 @ 6:18 pm
It would be useful if you had another PC to try it on to verify its not the USB ports/drivers at fault. Another guess is it could be an IRQ problem, search the forums or google, sometimes turning off a device in the Bios that you don't use can free up an IRQ.

Posted Wed 30 Sep 09 @ 6:22 pm
what exactly is an IRQ? im pretty familiar with computers but never heard of this in my life?

Posted Wed 30 Sep 09 @ 6:24 pm
An IRQ is a pathway to the CPU, you have a limited number on your PC. Various devices use up these IRQs, Wificards, usb ports, serial ports etc etc, if you run out of IRQs or 2 devices share the same you can get a hardware fault, sometimes indicated by the yellow triangle.

You could free up an IRQ for instance by turning off the wireless switch on your laptop, the other methods requires going into the bios, but only do this if your comfortable with what you doing, a wrong setting could cause it not to start.

Not sure else what to suggest, it sounds like you've already done the main things, reinstalling drivers etc. What happens when u plug the console in, does it light up?

Posted Wed 30 Sep 09 @ 6:31 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
LOL -- you tried it ... but you still have a problem ... well then TRY IT AGAIN .. and follow the steps I gave you ... because if you really look at them ... I guarntee you did not do those steps exactly the way I outlined them ...

Posted Wed 30 Sep 09 @ 6:34 pm
only the loops/fx buttons do? where can i find this bios? i think ur on2 something becaue on my laptop there is a switch thats for wifi and there is an orange light when it is not turned on...i tryed turning it on and it wouldnt so maybe youu're right with this IRQ thing?

Posted Wed 30 Sep 09 @ 6:34 pm
The yellow triangle you mentioned in device manager, does that give you a description of the error, I think it normally does even if its a bit generic.

Posted Wed 30 Sep 09 @ 6:37 pm
cstoll...when u mean reboot? u mean restart?

Posted Wed 30 Sep 09 @ 6:38 pm
Yeah he means restart, and when he says delete the entries in device manager he means "Uninstall" not Disable.

Posted Wed 30 Sep 09 @ 6:41 pm
ah i got that part alright and the message i get 4 the yellow triangle is "Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)
" I'm going to try his method 1 more time...wish me luck! will report bak in 10mins to tell you the verdict

Posted Wed 30 Sep 09 @ 6:54 pm
OK code 37 normally indicates a failure whilst trying to read the drivers, the usual solution to this is to reinstall drivers. As you've already tried this I would suggest a system restore to the point just before you first plugged in the console and then start a fresh.

Posted Wed 30 Sep 09 @ 7:19 pm
ok...no luck...followed the guidelines with percision and nothing...im ready 2 cry now...=(

Posted Wed 30 Sep 09 @ 7:28 pm
Reinstall windows, that might solve it ;) I think you may have a corrupt driver file somewhere thats not getting replaced or an incorrect setting in the registry.

Posted Wed 30 Sep 09 @ 7:43 pm
95%