Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Vinyl timecodes not getting past 2%

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So I just hooked my Maya44 up to SSL timecodes. Everything is connected properly, but I can't get the signal to get past 2-5%. Even when I choose "vinyl", the signal isn't strong enough. Ideas?

It doesn't matter if I use 5.21 or 6.02. The only way to get 100% is to apply the phono filter and also the other one, but then if I just touch the platter, it goes haywire - track starts jumping around.

Posted Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 12:07 am

Posted Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 12:17 am
Here's the kicker of it all - it doesn't work at all with the Maya44 or the Serato SL1, but when I load up SSL, I get 100% and it works flawlessly.

Posted Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 12:47 am
Okay, here's one problem - I think the Maya44 is to blame. When I use TCCDs, the four "input" lights light up, as though they recognize signal. With Vinyl, they don't. I've got Techs - 1210 MK5s.

Does anyone have any experience in boosting the sound coming out the TT or telling the Maya44 how to boost the sound?

Posted Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 3:22 am
Hi mate i use the maya44 with kam ddx5000 turnatbles and i have no problems at all.

You will have to turn up the input volume within the maya44 control panel to get a good volume though.

1. Download latest drivers from the esi website for your maya 44.

2. Launch vdj go to config> sound setup. When you select the asio driver for your sound card then click asio config this will open maya44 control panel.

3.Go to the controls tab within the maya44 control panel and turn the input volume up to your desired level. (I usually set the gain to half way within virtual dj then turn my input up on the maya 44 until you get the correct volume level as i dont like maxing out volumes. Mine is 50% gain virtual dj and approx 75% in the maya 44 control panel and that works flawless for me).

If you have anymore probs just give me a shout

This is what mine looks like and i have no probs with it setup like this.

Posted Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 6:34 am
Oh and one other thing it could be.

Make sure you have you rca leads in the right way as the maya 44 does not have colour coded rca conectors.

When i first got mine i put them in the wrong way and i had only 2% signal and the songs were playing backwards.

On the maya44 the analog in 1 is you white rca from deck 1 and your analog in 2 is your red rca from deck 1 and so on.

Or you could invert the signals within the debug menu in timecode config.

Posted Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 6:44 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Also - in the Maya Control panel make sure you MUTE the MONITOR inputs - not the input it's self - but the first 4 faders on the control panel for the Maya drivers.

Posted Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 11:29 am
Hmm. So, I tried the pushing the inputs up in the panel trick, and that didn't work. The lights still don't light up on the Maya44, and it doesn't seem to make a difference in VDJ. Still stuck at 2%. Doesn't matter if I use 5.21 or 6.02.

Posted Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 1:21 pm
I feel like all vinyl soundcards + my computer = not getting along. Even with the SL-1, the signal image is very iffy. It's at 100%, but only after using the preamp filter and such. It's very scattered-looking and doesn't have that nice looking smooth circle image that you're used to with CDs or when using Serato and the SL-1 box together.

I don't get it. I'm using 2nd ed. timecodes, a decent mixer that should work right, Tech 1210s. I'm confused.

Could it be Vista?

Please help... I have to gig in less than 3 hrs.

Posted Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 1:40 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djpoopypants wrote :
The lights still don't light up on the Maya44,

If the input LEDs are not lighting up then the card is not seeing a signal ... there is nothing software about this ... sounds like the card is not installed and initializing correctly or it is dead.

Posted Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 3:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)