Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Alot of questions start off with first

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Mappers.

1st. Not that i know anything about pitch bend but i'll describe what iam thinking. How do you set pitch bend so you can specify what number you want the pitch bend to start at, so you can get a negative/reverse type effect rather than just pitch bend from 1, on encoder, increases goes positive so you can slow the song right down and even go into reverse.

2nd. Does select work. I have mapped it to a encoder on my MIDI controller yet it doesn't work i mapped it with the old mapper engine and it worked fine with a encoder for select, even though i used a button to map select to check and it still doesn't work.

3rd. Why can't you have two different decks for loop. ie have 'loop 1 beat' deck 1, loop 1 beat' deck 2. You have to select the deck then use the button to set the loop, what if i want to loop both songs simultaneously at the same time and cut the loops down together for instance, i can't, where i would want to, or do whatever else.

Posted Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 2:22 am
4th. Can virtual dj 6 be set up to register values either side of 65, like the old VDJ5...

5 just for the record. What is actual length, in reference to 'set the length in beats to the "actual length"'

Posted Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 3:53 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You need to read the Wiki ... or just ask for the syntax to accomplish what you want to happen ..

For example ... this makes no sense to what you are trying to do ...

lee eather wrote :
4th. Can virtual dj 6 be set up to register values either side of 65, like the old VDJ5...

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript.html

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript_verbs.html

--------------

First - what controller are you using ??? And if you are trying to use only the Simple_MIDI mapper to do complex controls then you will run into limitations on what you are actually able to do. So of the complex actions require the device to be defined using a definition file in order to perform more complex tasks.

#1 - Are you using a button / encoder / slider / jog ?? What are you using that you want to apply the pitch bend action to?
#2 - 'select' requires a prefix action of 'deck' to identify what you are selecting - deck 1 select or deck 2 select
#3 - Huhh? "two different decks for loop" ?? I think I understand what you are trying to say ... deck 1 loop 1 & deck 2 loop 1 ... if you want 1 button to act on each deck at the same time then you have to spell it out - otherwise by default the action only acts upon the active deck.
#5 - Just for the record ... Set the length in beats to the actual length ... actual length is the value you are applying - loop 4 <- 4 is the actual length you are setting the loop's length too.

Posted Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 7:59 am
cstoll wrote :
You need to read the Wiki ... or just ask for the syntax to accomplish what you want to happen ..

For example ... this makes no sense to what you are trying to do ...

lee eather wrote :

Ahh too much too think about and problems, i meant 64. By that i meant there is no option in VDJ 6 to select +, - 64 controller encoder preset at 65 and min value at 63 and max at 65...

cstoll wrote :
First - what controller are you using ??? And if you are trying to use only the Simple_MIDI mapper to do complex controls then you will run into limitations on what you are actually able to do. So of the complex actions require the device to be defined using a definition file in order to perform more complex tasks.

Definition file. None of this was like this is VDJ 5, it was alot more user intuitive.

How do use a definition file, whatever.

cstoll wrote :
#1 - Are you using a button / encoder / slider / jog ?? What are you using that you want to apply the pitch bend action to?

Encoder. . .. ?

cstoll wrote :
#2 - 'select' requires a prefix action of 'deck' to identify what you are selecting - deck 1 select or deck 2 select

See none of this is VDJ 6, VDJ 5 you had it all right there.

cstoll wrote :
#3 - Huhh? "two different decks for loop" ?? I think I understand what you are trying to say ... deck 1 loop 1 & deck 2 loop 1 ... if you want 1 button to act on each deck at the same time then you have to spell it out - otherwise by default the action only acts upon the active deck.

Yes.

cstoll wrote :
#5 - Just for the record ... Set the length in beats to the actual length ... actual length is the value you are applying - loop 4 <- 4 is the actual length you are setting the loop's length too.

See none of this is in VDJ 6, is there like some script which tells you all the prefix's,...?

Thank

Posted Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 9:42 pm
And you must have stopped at the first part of my post because your answer is still in coherent.

So ... before we go any farther ... explain the following - because you are over complicating your question because you don't understand the new mapper engine ....

cstoll wrote :

Posted Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 9:49 pm
I was still editing :-

Posted Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 9:50 pm
Even with you editing ... you still didn't answer the question ...

What controller are you trying to configure?

And V6 is here ... it is more advanced and more configurable that V5 and the new mapper engine is easier if you give it a chance.

Also ... to answer one of your questions ... you need to slow down and visit the links that I provided above ...

Also ... you need to stop answering the questions with rambles ... none of the replies have any substance that can be understood ...

So again .. what is the controller you are trying to map?

Posted Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 10:00 pm
I did say BCR but i didn't think it mattered whatever.

I know V6 is here that is why i am complaining whatever about VD6 mapper engine and posting all these questions whatever.
cstoll wrote :
Also ... to answer one of your questions ... you need to slow down and visit the links that I provided above ...

Also ... you need to stop answering the questions with rambles ... none of the replies have any substance that can be understood ...

So again .. what is the controller you are trying to map?

I post prematurely because i do because my head trys hard to understand the VDJ6 and VDJ 5 difference.

Fine i will slow down.

Was the change from the VDJ5 mapper engine whatever nessesary to change to the VDJ 6 mapper engine.

P.s it is hard to type and get acrorss what you mean when you when you have problems can;t get to where you wan't to there is too much problems to describe.

what i am typing may not be how it is read.

Posted Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 10:57 pm
P.s 'select "deck 1"' still does't work

Posted Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 11:31 pm
p.s there is no way iam going to be able to understand all that. You have to be a computer programmer to understand all that i mapped the controller to my old device ages ago on VDJ 5 and had no worries.

Posted Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 11:37 pm
lee eather wrote :

Again .. you are not reading and paying attention to what is being said ... I gave you the answer and you still took your own route ...

This is what I typed - deck 1 select or deck 2 select

Where do you see -> select deck 1 ???

lee eather wrote :

Well it does matter if you want help ... don't you think?

Also, what is a BCR ??? Never heard of it.

You still continue to post in 'generics' and not being specific -- and then you ask questions that have nothing to do with your problem ....

lee eather wrote :
Was the change from the VDJ5 mapper engine whatever nessesary to change to the VDJ 6 mapper engine.

What does this question have to do with getting you answers to your problem? Yes, it was necessary - we would not have done it if it wasn't.

lee eather wrote :
P.s it is hard to type and get acrorss what you mean when you when you have problems can;t get to where you wan't to there is too much problems to describe.

Well that is why I said - slow down. You still will not answer my questions with specifics and you don't ask your questions with specifics.

lee eather wrote :

We what I read is you questioning why we made the changes and not what you are needing help on ... and in some cases it is like you are leaving every other word out because what you type does not make sense - hence my point of saying they look like rambles.

And you don't have to be a programmer to understand all this ... you are making it more difficult then it has to be.

So ... again ... just reply with this 1 answer to this 1 question --

What is the actual make and model of the controller ?

Posted Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 11:41 am
You will need to make a controller definition for advanced functions such as endless encoder knobs, jogwheels and LED's to function correctly: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/ControllerDefinitionMIDI.html

Simple MIDI Wrapper as its name implies only supports very basic MIDI mapping - Simple notes, sliders and standard knobs with min/max stopping point (E.g: Volume, bass, treble, etc.)

To toggle between the two decks on a single deck controller, use: deck active select - This needs to be assigned to a button.

Posted Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 12:43 pm
cstoll wrote :
lee eather wrote :

Again .. you are not reading and paying attention to what is being said ... I gave you the answer and you still took your own route ...

This is what I typed - deck 1 select or deck 2 select

Where do you see -> select deck 1 ???

I thought.. I think i was thinking the verb had to go in front.

cstoll wrote :
lee eather wrote :

Well it does matter if you want help ... don't you think?

Also, what is a BCR ??? Never heard of it.

Behringer BCR.

cstoll wrote :
You still continue to post in 'generics' and not being specific -- and then you ask questions that have nothing to do with your problem ....

lee eather wrote :

What does this question have to do with getting you answers to your problem? Yes, it was necessary - we would not have done it if it wasn't.

lee eather wrote :

Well that is why I said - slow down. You still will not answer my questions with specifics and you don't ask your questions with specifics.

lee eather wrote :

We what I read is you questioning why we made the changes and not what you are needing help on ... and in some cases it is like you are leaving every other word out because what you type does not make sense - hence my point of saying they look like rambles.

And you don't have to be a programmer to understand all this ... you are making it more difficult then it has to be.

So ... again ... just reply with this 1 answer to this 1 question --

What is the actual make and model of the controller ?

Its a behringer BCR 2000.

Posted Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 10:32 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
The Behringer BCR 2000, while a USB mixer, was not intended as a DJ mixing unit. It was designed more for bands/small studio work.

Posted Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 10:42 pm
Yeah but i still mapped it on the old VDJ.

Posted Sat 26 Sep 09 @ 12:30 am
Yeah the verb deck does go in front i must have go confused with parameters.

Posted Sat 26 Sep 09 @ 12:37 am
How come sync doesn't work with deck

Posted Sat 26 Sep 09 @ 2:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)