Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: freezing when boradcasting from my pc

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, i've been using my friends edition of VDJ just to mess around with til i get enough to buy the real version, and everytime I broadcast from my PC, it works fine and everyone can listen, but it freezes constantly. any ideas?

Posted Tue 22 Sep 09 @ 8:16 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Please tell us more about your setup!

> PC/Notebook specs
> Do you use a controler, timecode ....?
> What kind of soundcard do you use?
> What kind of VDJ Version do you use? (Config -> Info)
> What kind of internet connection do you use?

Haui

Posted Wed 23 Sep 09 @ 5:28 am
Dell Inspiron 1721, AMD 64 2X processor, 32-bit vista, 2 gigs of RAM.

and to be more specific, the program itself doesn't freeze completley, the songs just stop and the play button doesn't work. I'm using a BCD2000 midi controller, I use the soundcard in my bcd2000 to play through the headphones, and i have comcast digital cable, and i have vdj 6.01. and when it does freeze, i an still clikc any buttons, they all "work", as in the show that they're being activated in vdj, but nothing happens.

Posted Wed 23 Sep 09 @ 7:19 pm
DJAuzPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I have the same problem; normally when you just WAIT (sometimes up to 20 seconds) it comes back to life.

Also pressing ALT+CTRL+DEL or opening the task manager seems to bring it back to life?

This happens (for me anyway) when VDJ cannot push the packets of data fast enough, and it 'bottlenecks' at your PC, causing VDJ to freak out and become unresponsive.

It's probably caused by one of three things;

1. Your internet connection is not fast and/or reliable enough (can happen when using wireless cell based networks such as 3G, they are very unreliable)
2. Your broadcast bitrate is too high.
3. Too many clients connected (if broadcasting from your PC)

As a test, change your settings to MP3 @ 24kbps (I know it will sound terrible but it will definately tell you if this is the cause).

If you no longer get the pauses then slowly up the bitrate until you find your 'happy medium'.

If you can't get any luck try the broadcast from another internet connection and see if it's that.

I would also tend to recommend against broadcasting directly from your PC, unless your clients are on the local LAN. There are many FREE services on the internet which can be used as a central node for your broadcast.

Good Luck,

DJ Auz =Þ

Posted Wed 23 Sep 09 @ 9:21 pm
thanks, I'll give that a try. I tried using listen2myradio but it never seems to turn on for me. any other program suggestions?

Posted Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 1:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)