Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: No Distinction Between active pane of Browser

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I was curious to know if there was a way in the skins to show which area of the browser is active.

I am using a hardware controller that I've configured so that it has one knob to scroll through the browser, and another knob to select the active pane... but it is impossible to determine which pane is actually active without scrolling and watching where the highlighted track moves. Is there a way to, say, make the highlight color different in the active pane? I haven't seen a skin yet that does this, so I'm thinking that it might not be... but this would be handy for those who are using the conrollers to select tracks, I'm sure.

Posted Mon 21 Sep 09 @ 10:34 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There is now way to change colours or other solutiuon to indicate on which browser section you are. But you can do what i have done to my Touchscreen Skin. You can create 3 buttons with the following syntax
<button action="browser_window 'folders'">
<pos x="1635" y="860"/>
<size width="113" height="53"/>
<selected x="+0" y="+1024"/>
<down x="+0" y="+1024"/>
</button>

<button action="browser_window 'songs'">
<pos x="1761" y="860"/>
<down x="+0" y="+1024"/>
</button>

<button action="browser_window 'playlist'">
<pos x="1886" y="860"/>
<down x="+0" y="+1024"/>
</button>

Everytime you are in one of those 3 sections, the selected button is on. Use different colours and size of these buttons to indicate the broswer pannel. You could also extend the width of those 3 buttons to cover the whole browser width, like some kind of bars, but the could not change width everytime you manually change the width of the 3 pannels.

Hope that helped.

Posted Tue 22 Sep 09 @ 3:13 pm
top tip there - i didnt know that!! =)

Posted Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 7:10 am
Awesome DJDad! I'm going to try that out today, if I've got the time.

Posted Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 11:53 am
seek and you shall find ....... my friends!!!!

Posted Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 3:35 pm
I already implemented this by lowering the browser by two pixels and putting a colored strip above it that "lights up" when that region is active - it works really well. Thanks again djdad!

Posted Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 5:13 pm
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
djdad wrote :
There is now way to change colours or other solutiuon to indicate on which browser section you are. But you can do what i have done to my Touchscreen Skin. You can create 3 buttons with the following syntax
<button action="browser_window 'folders'">
<pos x="1635" y="860"/>
<down x="+0" y="+1024"/>
</button>

<button action="browser_window 'songs'">
<pos x="1761" y="860"/>
<down x="+0" y="+1024"/>
</button>

<button action="browser_window 'playlist'">
<pos x="1886" y="860"/>
<down x="+0" y="+1024"/>
</button>

Everytime you are in one of those 3 sections, the selected button is on. Use different colours and size of these buttons to indicate the broswer pannel. You could also extend the width of those 3 buttons to cover the whole browser width, like some kind of bars, but the could not change width everytime you manually change the width of the 3 pannels.

Hope that helped.

Can you explain me also where in the xml skin file to paste these syntax!

Posted Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 11:02 pm
This was just a part of my xml skin (Touchscreen) which i copied here to show a way to indicate which browser section is on. There is no way to work out if you just copy that to any xml skin file. Try to understand that it's only an example.

Posted Sat 26 Sep 09 @ 3:43 pm
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
djdad wrote :
This was just a part of my xml skin (Touchscreen) which i copied here to show a way to indicate which browser section is on. There is no way to work out if you just copy that to any xml skin file. Try to understand that it's only an example.

Thank you for your explanation.

Posted Sun 27 Sep 09 @ 10:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)