Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: switching to CD's with DN-S1200...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

when i switch out of "pc mode" my sound cuts off before i can play cds, is there any way i can to a smooth transition?

Posted Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 11:29 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No. The outputs on the gear is determined based on what mode you are in ... if in CD mode the outputs are for the CD playback and no longer function like a sound card.

Posted Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 4:39 pm
TJ,

I have "smooth transitions" CD to VDJ and back with no issues. Here's my system and how I hook it up:

Denon DN-S5000 CD Players, Denon DN-X1500 Mixer, U46DJ External Sound Card.

* I split the signal coming out of the CD players with RCA 'Y' cables so you're sending the same output (out of the CD player) to two separate channels on your mixer board. So if you do that for each CD Player, you'll need four channels open on your mixer. For example, I use ch 1 & 2 for CD 1 & 2 and Ch 3 & 4 for VDJ Left & Right channels - and it's a smooth transition back and forth between the CD and VDJ. Also a good backup in case your laptop freezes or does something funny in the middle of a set because you can pop in a CD and re-boot your laptop at the same time and no one would know ;-) ...I've done it before

Keep in mind that in between the CD Player and the mixer is your external soundcard, so the actual setup is:
CD PLAYER (LINE OUT) >>> EXTERNAL SOUND CARD (LINE IN) >>> X SOUND CARD (LINE OUT) >>> MIXER (LINE IN)

While the Timecode CD is playing in Ch 1 & 2 you have to maintain the volume on those channels off, otherwise you'll hear the Timecode CD.

Hope this helps.

DJ Pitufo

Posted Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 10:14 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Pitufo, the 1200s are MIDI controllers and can be used as the sound card as well. He is not using Timecodes.

Posted Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 10:29 pm
Oops! Missed that part right in the title :-)

Well, if anyone wants to know how to hook it up with equipment like mine, heeeere you go!

Thx cstoll,

Pitufo

Posted Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 11:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)