Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: AT LAST!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes, i've taken the plunge and finally bought VDJ!!! Aren't you proud??? I'v been saying i was gonna do it for ages...and now...well, i kinda feel like god man!!! Wahey!!!

Although, i hate to say it, but i've already encountered a problem. Let me put this into perspective...my order was processed at like 10:38am GMT and it's now 11:04am and i've got a problem...how sad am i???

I'm sure i might have seen it before on the forum somewhere...i just don't know where...but...

I'm just farting around and i uploaded two tracks...2PAC Changes and Boogie Pimps Somebody To Love...just to test it out. Sound is ok but the songs have been cut by AT LEAST a minute!!! They're only going on for like 2 minutes 10 secs. This is with both songs...dunno what's going on there...any ideas anyone???

OK...next up. I take it i can just make a copy of the install file to CD for future installs of it???

Next up, again: What's this RIP Vinyl thing all about??? S'probably just me. Wasn't expecting it. Don't know what to do with it. Don't know what it's for. Please enlighten me.

Ok, i've got a gig on saturday and 2 engagement parties in the next couple of weeks. Would really like to be fully functional before then if possible. Any hints, tips, etc as always...would be greatfully appreciated.

Cheers

Somertime

Oh, and can i change my log in name from Pionara to something else???

Posted Mon 18 Apr 05 @ 12:11 pm
Welcome to the team Pionara.

The rip vinyl is for ripping a song from vinyl if you have any. Just like you can rip songs from a CD.

Posted Mon 18 Apr 05 @ 12:33 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
welcome Pionara

your questions.
They're only going on for like 2 minutes 10 secs. This is with both songs...dunno what's going on there...any ideas anyone???
can't answer this one,,,did you play the same songs in another player?
maybe it's a bad up/download

I take it i can just make a copy of the install file to CD for future installs of it???
you can....but only for yourself with no serial included

What's this RIP Vinyl thing all about??? S'probably just me. Wasn't expecting it. Don't know what to do with it. Don't know what it's for. Please enlighten me.
well.....this is for vinyl-ripping...just like DJ_whiteDVL says

Ok, i've got a gig on saturday and 2 engagement parties in the next couple of weeks. Would really like to be fully functional before then if possible. Any hints, tips, etc as always...would be greatfully appreciated.
take a look at this:http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/
you learn a lot of it....

Oh, and can i change my log in name from Pionara to something else???
no....your to late now

Cheers

Posted Mon 18 Apr 05 @ 1:09 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
have you got windows media player 10 installed?
have heard of some posts where some .wma files dont play correctly like you described within vdj.
untill the next update uninstall wmp10 & install wmp 8 or 9

Posted Mon 18 Apr 05 @ 1:51 pm
Nice one folks...thanks for the input...

Incidentally, both the songs work correctly on WMP. In fact, i'm sure i've even used the VDJ trial version and they've been fine on that too...

I've been going through my library and notice there's a few tracks with the same problem. Funny though, cos most of my stuff has been ripped from original cd's that i've bought myself. I'll try that WMP trick and see if that works.

On the copy VDJ to disk...without the serial??? so it's now fully installed and registered to me - does this mean that it's not the 'install_virtualdj.exe' file that i would copy and rather just the program itself???

Thanks again folks...:o)

Somertime

Posted Mon 18 Apr 05 @ 2:04 pm
WMP issue is fixed in the next release, that will come soon :) and will be free for all full members

You can use VDJ on all your pc's... copy the intall file to a cd, and install.
What he meant about the serial, was probably just that you should keep it safe, and not have it on a cd that someone might take from you

Also, VDJ is for you only, so it should be running on one pc at a time, or more that one pc at a time at the same location

having vdj running at several different locations with your serial would be sharing (violation) :)

thats all ;)

WELCOME AS A FULL MEMBER :) good to see you here

Posted Mon 18 Apr 05 @ 2:26 pm
Man, i love this software...;o)

And you guys could perhaps be the coolest blokes i've ever met...:o)

SMASHING!!!

Just one thing...without pushing my luck TOO much...when is the next release due? And do you guys just email us that there's updates available?

Ta...

Posted Mon 18 Apr 05 @ 2:34 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
if there's a new update..you see it under: Hello pianora ! - You have written 1 messages - last login : Mon 18 Apr 05 @ 13:20:45

lol

Posted Mon 18 Apr 05 @ 2:41 pm
Welcome to the VDJ Family Pionara!

OO

Posted Mon 18 Apr 05 @ 7:24 pm
Yup welcome aboard Pionara
Best Regards
Andre

Posted Mon 18 Apr 05 @ 10:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)