Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Samplers Won't Load - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm having a very similar problem....I've placed effect and samples in their proper folder but when I search for them within VDJ the only effects/samples that show are the ones that initially came with the program. I'm running VDJ 7.0.5 Pro(b380) on a mac. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Note: I've read through several post but can't find one that goes further than making sure the effects/samples are in the correct folder.

Thanks in advance...

Posted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 3:08 pm

Posted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 3:31 pm
Sorry, my apologies....I didn't want to waste anyones time typing out a very long message but now it's coming. I did everything on the FAQ page...that's what I was trying to get at with my last post of "sample/effects are in their proper folders" and "I've read several post but can't find one that goes further than making sure the effects/samples are in the correct folder." I've done all that....I even have things working properly on my macbook air but can't get the effects to show up in the "macintosh HD - users - user - library - virtualdj - plugins - soundeffect" folder on my iMac. When I search for the effects and samples (searching for samples directly in vdj, samples tab, small icon that brings up the "load, save, etc. menu") the only thing that shows up are the stock effects and samples. I have placed the sampler folder on my sidebar which allows me to choose samples when searching for them from within VDJ....I can load them into the dock (12) but I would like for them to be where they are suppose to be which is in the folder that I stated previously. Also, this doesn't help me with effects and using them in real time. On my macbook air they are in the effects drop down menu and I can choose them at will but again, I am not able to do this on my iMac.

Please help...I'm loosing time and money and desperately need to get this fixed immediately or I'll have to go to another program which I really do not want to do.

Thanks

Posted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 4:06 pm
Depending on how new your installation of VirtualDJ is, the home folder may be different (The home folder is where VirtualDJ looks to find effects, skins, etc.)

New installations use /users/YOURNAME/Library/VirtualDJ (If you can't find this, please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/MAC.%20Reveal%20hidden%20Library%20folder.html )

Older installations (Including those upgraded to the latest version) may still use the old location /users/YOURNAME/Documents/VirtualDJ

If this doesn't help, please contact support for direct assistance: http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

Posted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 4:19 pm
Really!? With all due respect, this is ridiculous!!!! I can read....which I've been doing nothing but for days trying to fixed this issue. The effects are currently IN THE HOME FOLDER....I've done this successfully already on one of my other computers. For whatever reason things aren't working on this computer. And before you ask, yes! this computer is working and running great....it's the better of the two. In your opinion, as support staff, could there be another reason why this is happening and do you have any more information other than telling me or implying that the effects/samples are in the wrong folder.

Thank you...

Also, this is a new installation not more than 2 weeks old...if that. VDJ Pro....

Posted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 4:30 pm
As advised above, please contact support for direct assistance: http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

Please use the live chat facility and a member of support staff will be able to connect to your computer (With your permission) and look into the problem directly.

Posted Mon 25 Jun 12 @ 1:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)