Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer MEP-7000 and VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

Is anyone using one of these with VDJ?

How is the native support, does it count down time on the MEP displays / display track info on the screen?

Is it easy to switch between CD/DVD and back to VDJ again?

I've had my eyes on one of these for a while and it would be great to get some feedback.

Cheers - Keith

Posted Thu 20 Aug 09 @ 5:45 am
Yes, they are great with VDJ. I don't use mine much since I bought my CDJ-400s. My Mep-7000 is in my rack unit, I have the lid on it and my CDJ-400s and DJM-800 are in an Odyssey case on top of the rack so my MEP is buried. I know, I'm horrible. Poor thing is just sitting in the dark 24/7.

OK, back on subject. The MEP-7000 is a great tool that works well with VDJ. I paid full price for mine back in Feb. But now you can get one for a really great value since Pioneer dropped the prices a couple of months back.

Go get it!

DJ RuDe

Posted Thu 20 Aug 09 @ 11:51 am
Thanks RuDe,

The price in the UK is still very high, £1239 ($2043) but it does seem an amazing piece of kit. I may manage to pick up a nearly new one on ebay so I'll keep looking.

Thanks for your help.

Keith

Posted Thu 20 Aug 09 @ 11:56 am
Ouch!! Yeah, that is pretty high still! Over here they average $1499 USD but I've seen them as low as $1379, quite a difference compared to the UK prices. When I bought mine in Feb prices were $2299 but I'm friends with the manager of the nearest Guitar Center who let me have it at his price of $1699, which now it's lower than even that. Good luck!

Ebay may be the way to go.

DJ RuDe

Edit by Cioce
Please stop to quote any message and use reply, this is not the first time I delete your no sense quote

Posted Thu 20 Aug 09 @ 12:06 pm
@Cioce,

RuDe had put the answers to my original questions in the quote and now it's gone. (:

Posted Thu 20 Aug 09 @ 1:07 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The issue is the people over use the 'quote' features. So far you and Keith have been the only one discussing this topic ... no need to quote the post right before your comments.

It irritates the crap out of me too ... so don't take it personal ... but it is a clearly miss used feature.

Posted Thu 20 Aug 09 @ 1:58 pm
Hi RuDe,

Sorry, I never read your original quote properly .....

Regarding the centre LED screen, does that have any function when VDJ is running and the controller is in PC mode, does it display anyhing like playlist, song names etc?

Were you using V5.2 or V6 with it?

Thanks!

Posted Thu 20 Aug 09 @ 2:18 pm
Yes, Kradcliff, it does.

Posted Thu 20 Aug 09 @ 2:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)