Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: has any one seen this...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

On another wedding last night...

On the one system running total control on a toshiba dual core computer controlled by CUE 5.2.1, whatever effect we had selected but NOT enabled on the right deck would activate that effect. In the begining we had the back spin and it did it twice. Pretty emabrassing. Then we switched the effect to flanger to see if it would happen again and if it did, but was not asbad as its just flanger but it still did it.

We had to shut down cue and restart it and the problem didnt re appear.

Any one ever seen this?

Posted Sun 16 Aug 09 @ 7:51 am
i did happen to me and i just had to press the effect key one more time for it to stop....prett weird as a few effects go on without any warning but nothing too bad to mess the vibe up.

joloboy

Posted Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 2:01 pm
well this one did 2 back spins in the middle of a set..

That does mess the vibe up...

Posted Tue 25 Aug 09 @ 7:36 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
djfluke1 wrote :
whatever effect we had selected but NOT enabled on the right deck would activate that effect.

I'm trying to understand what you are experiencing - so you simply selected the effect and it would activate and run twice?

How did you select the effect?

Posted Tue 25 Aug 09 @ 8:59 am
sah602PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Happened to me also...I like using the loop out effect to mix between two songs, I would use the loop out effect with deck"a" and cross fade to deck b, so far so good. The song in deck "b" comes to an end, start new song in deck "a". Then out of no where deck "a" loops out again on it's own! Pretty good way to mess up a good mix, especially when the song loops out and you got a whole dance floor looking at you like you're crazy. Any one else ever had this issue? If so is there a fix?

Posted Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 11:26 pm
sah602 wrote :
Happened to me also...I like using the loop out effect to mix between two songs, I would use the loop out effect with deck"a" and cross fade to deck b, so far so good. The song in deck "b" comes to an end, start new song in deck "a". Then out of no where deck "a" loops out again on it's own! Pretty good way to mess up a good mix, especially when the song loops out and you got a whole dance floor looking at you like you're crazy. Any one else ever had this issue? If so is there a fix?

v6.01 I've had an effect get stuck on, or at least the display stays lit as if its on, yet it is off.

Posted Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 12:45 am
Afrog2PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I've had this problem before many many mannnnnyyyyyyy times! This is why I don't use effects at all.

Posted Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 1:38 am
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Guys, pay attention!!

I noted some issues with a few effects when I enable "key_lock" or "master_tempo" features while when I don't enable that, it all is nice.

Posted Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 2:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)