Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: video transitions not working in Ver. 6

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just updated to ver 6.01 and was trying everything out and found a bug in the video transitions. I have 2 karaoke files playing on each deck and have random rotation turned on in the video effcts section. I have my page up and page down keys of my laptop set to fade between decks and when I went to fade or transition from deck 1 to deck 2, it fought me. What I mean by that is I pressed the page down key, the video starts whatever transition it is currently on, but it stops about half to 3/4 of the way and when I let go of the button, it goes all the way back to deck 1. I'm assuming the developers programed ver. 6 to fade to the active deck to make trransitions easier and more automatioc, but when 2 decks are playing at the same time, it messes everything up. I'm assuming that's what they did anyway from the behavior of the program.

Posted Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 11:50 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I don't have VDJ in front of me, but look up a feature called auto_crossfade or something like that; it's on the default skin in the video panel next to the video crossfader IIRC. Turn it off ;)

Posted Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 12:28 pm
got it. I found it on my own when I switched to the VDJ ver 6 skin. The button isn't preesent on the Denon skin I was using. Thanks for getting back to me.

Posted Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 12:31 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Closing this thread as it's a duplicate...

Posted Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 12:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)