Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Denon HC4500?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

You guys are going to think im a total beginner at this but what exactly is the Denon HC4500 capable of? I'm looking to trash my old cd players that I use as backup and buy something that is capable of holding all of my MP3's in case my laptop goes down I will still have all of my music to play just not through vdj. Can the HC 4500 do this or do I need the model above the Hc4500 that has a 40gb hard drive? I'm tired of lugging my cd books around and I am also looking to condense my audio rack down so its easier to carry from gig to gig. Is the HC 4500 used just to add 2 more decks to your setup or can it store music? Thanks for the help everyone!

Posted Tue 11 Aug 09 @ 8:03 pm
The HC4500 is a software controller only and cannot play MP3's directly itself. It provides a dual-CD player style interface to control VirtualDJ, giving you hands-on control of the software.

However it can also operate an optional add-on BU4500 CD drawer, which allows it to also function as a standard dual CD player, allowing you to play audio CD's at any time.

If you are looking for a stand-alone device that can play MP3's directly from an internal hard disk, the HD2500 might be a better choice for you. With the latest firmware installed, this will also function as a MIDI controller, allowing it to control VirtualDJ.

As far as I'm aware (Unless anything has changed with recent firmware updates), the HD2500 does not display track information on the screen when used as a MIDI software controller.

The Denon HC4500 has display screens that show Artist, Title, BPM or pitch % and time remaining or elapsed on each deck.

NOTE: If you mix video, the HC4500 can be linked to a Denon X500 or X900 mixer for video crossfading with the real mixer crossfader. The HD2500 does not have this capability.

Posted Tue 11 Aug 09 @ 8:20 pm
only thing it doesnt do is cure cancer! Awesome controller

Posted Tue 11 Aug 09 @ 9:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)