Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Rmx Don Houde skin..New version for 6?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I love this skin in 5.2 but all the buttons are rerouted and dont work properly in 6. Any chance we can get our hands on a new one? This is the only RMX skin that I know of that allows you to access the broadcasting . Also, Until this happens I would like to stick with 5.2 but i dont have the install anymore can someone post a link please...It would be great if in our downloads section it showed the newest version and the previous version...

Posted Fri 31 Jul 09 @ 9:48 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
go to your download centre and 5.2 should be in the section "special downloads" if not you will have to write a ticket to support

Posted Fri 31 Jul 09 @ 11:38 am
Thanks for your response....I only have the 5.2 djc edition not pro so I guess i will have to write a ticket

Posted Fri 31 Jul 09 @ 2:21 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Are you using the Automix logo one that I edited? That was for VDJ 5. I abandoned that design a while ago but I can update it if people want?

Posted Fri 31 Jul 09 @ 10:34 pm
I know I am replying before you, but I just checked the RMX Automix skin (the only one I submitted) with VDJ 6 pro and was not able to find any issues with it. What is not working for you?

Posted Sat 01 Aug 09 @ 8:14 am
This is the skin I'm using and the problem i'm having is with the six effects buttons...the dropdown menus no longer even contain the pitch +/- effects and it is imposible to mix without that unless i wanna use the mouse but then what was the point of buying the controler...also, I'm realatively familliar with the mapping and i dont think that is the issue because the buttons don't work regardless of what is assigned to them....a redesigned version of this skin would be amazing man i love it...for now i have reverted back to 5.2 on the gig top but will continue to tinker with 6 on the other computer

thanks much

Posted Sat 01 Aug 09 @ 5:45 pm
Well, I am glad you like it. I didn't think anybody really used that. I only abandoned that skin because I got a new laptop (wide screen) and a wide screen monitor for the desktop I built shortly after.

Yea it is gone out of my list too. But I may have a trick to map the buttons that you want, because other than that the skin works for me. Try mapping any of the buttons on your console with pitch +0.2% and pitch -0.2%. But VDJ 6 removed that function from the DJC button list, I can't add it back to the list using a skin (to the best of my knowledge). Unless I make seperate buttons on the skin. But then you would need your mouse still. Well, let me know if this helps.

Posted Sat 01 Aug 09 @ 6:12 pm
Also if you are interested, I made one that had flaming skulls for platters. I submitted it but it may have been a bit too morbid for the moderators to approve. I like that one better and it has all the same functionality because I used the same XML and just modded the picture. PM me your email if you are interested.

Posted Sat 01 Aug 09 @ 6:24 pm
So I just posted my edited RMX skin 3.0 that now should work with the "djc_button" commands of the default RMX map (no need to be a programmer now). I also went through the whole skin to ensure compatability with the new VDJ script. Enjoy

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/7329/RMX_Mod_Don_Houde.html

Now that I know allot more (this is my first skin in VDJ 6) I have found out that Pitch is part of the new djc button menu.

Posted Mon 10 Aug 09 @ 9:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)