Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: vdj6 with color similar to default pro??? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

The VDJ6 pro is sort of dark and greyish with no coloring at all. I wonder if someone could easily be interested in adding some color to that default vdj6 skin similar to the color of the 1024x728 default pro that came with 4.xx or somewhere back then?

Any interest? Anyone?

Posted Wed 29 Jul 09 @ 1:16 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
you can open the bitmap and re arrange colours yourself if you like, just open with paint or similar programme.

Posted Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 10:17 am
IMO the v6pro skins look more professional then the v4 skins.

Posted Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 11:42 am
much much better

Posted Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 3:30 pm
just thought this might give you an idea if you don't already know...

Posted Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 3:58 pm
Thanx tayla I'll give it a whirl. I agree with the professional look of the newer skins, it's just the drab and bleak coloring of the VDJ6.0 pro that comes with the upgrade I don't like. I like that bluish bright look, and so does my wife.

Posted Fri 31 Jul 09 @ 1:30 am
I tried it but it was REALLLLYYY difficult to fill in colors smoothly like the default pro skin??

Posted Fri 31 Jul 09 @ 2:15 am
bryantpb wrote :
Thanx tayla I'll give it a whirl. I agree with the professional look of the newer skins, it's just the drab and bleak coloring of the VDJ6.0 pro that comes with the upgrade I don't like. I like that bluish bright look, and so does my wife.

which v4 skin had a bluish bright look?
the defulf v4 pro skin was black, with red turntables to scratch with..
please post a screen of what you have in mind..

Also, v6 pro has a discrete black backgrond, and gradient filled elements that wont be too easily recoloured without deicent paint software..

Posted Fri 31 Jul 09 @ 5:14 am
got to have patience mate, don't think we'll ever get it just as good as the original guys do though

Posted Fri 31 Jul 09 @ 6:30 am
No, I mean when i use the "brush" to fill in spaces for newer colors, it doesn't cover the whole space , but little retangles with small lines in between, that have to be brushed. On most other paint projects I've done, brush paint usually works with one touch.

I was changing the color around the decks and it took me maybe 50 "sprays" and in between each sprayed rectangle was an "un-sprayed" gray line, so that took 50 more sprays to fill in thoses lines and having other stuff filled in that wasn't supposed to. It was nearly impossible for just one simple task. There's got to be a better way please!?

Posted Fri 31 Jul 09 @ 11:27 am
give me an idea what colour(s) and where you want them and i'll see what sort of mess i can come up with for you

Posted Fri 31 Jul 09 @ 11:35 am
tayla wrote :
give me an idea what colour(s) and where you want them and i'll see what sort of mess i can come up with for you

tayla, thanx, first of all.

here is what i would like to see:

I am looking at default pro 1024x728.

I would like to see the color scheme you see around the 2 decks and underneath and over the top of the video/EQ/cues/remix sections(that reddish streaks/light grey bckgrd) around the two decks in vdj pro6 (most all of that background and coloring is dark grey and black). And the background color up and around the waveform to be that lighter grey you see on default pro?

maybe some bluish color in the video panels (that you see in default pro) could be in the three video panels of vdj6 pro.

maybe the browser/sampler/effects/record buttons could be made a lighter color (similar to default pro.

maybe the cue/start/pause/sync buttons could have some nice lighter color to them (or at least the little triangles and rectangles or words inside the button could be brightened up.

Thanx Tayla, mostly it's just the overall color appeal i like on the default pro transferred to vdj6 pro as outlined above.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 09 @ 5:20 pm
How is this...

... better than this ...

CONFUSED.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 09 @ 6:08 pm
Not close at alol. lol.

The area around the decks is black in VDJ6 pro and in the above example.. Look at the area around the decks in default pro 1024x728,
It has a very light grey background with red streaks through it. The whole background and some of the buttons are just lighter and brighter colors.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 09 @ 6:39 pm
Please note the coloration within the red outlined area. And some of the buttons i outlined in blue all appear to have a brighter look than the black/dark grey of VDJ6 Pro skin.P.
I\'m hoping to see more of these brighter colors into the VDJ6 pro skin.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 09 @ 6:59 pm
crikey bryan don't think i have the ability to create what you want but will give it a try mate, i think it will be best if we go at one section at a time, will save a lot of people here overdosing with laughter on my attempts.

anyway just installed windows 7 tonight so be a few days before i can attempt something for you by the time i get everything reinstalled.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 09 @ 7:10 pm
OH RIGHT, I GET IT :)

So why not work backwards?

take the above skin, and write a new script for it.
might be quicker than editing the bitmap.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 09 @ 7:18 pm
marksmolinski wrote :

So why not work backwards?
take the above skin, and write a new script for it.
might be quicker than editing the bitmap.

Actually, that would be pointless as most of that skin seems to work.

What youre looking for is the current v6 to be remixed into v3 colouring.

(good luck) :)

Posted Mon 03 Aug 09 @ 7:34 pm
tayla wrote :
crikey bryan don't think i have the ability to create what you want but will give it a try mate, i think it will be best if we go at one section at a time, will save a lot of people here overdosing with laughter on my attempts.

anyway just installed windows 7 tonight so be a few days before i can attempt something for you by the time i get everything reinstalled.

Thanx, my friend. I really appreciate any effort on it you give.
I owe you one. :)

Posted Mon 03 Aug 09 @ 10:17 pm

Thanx, my friend. I really appreciate any effort on it you give.
I owe you one. :)

Any luck yet, mate?

Posted Sun 16 Aug 09 @ 6:44 pm
91%