Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problem with VirtualDJ & mp3s

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

basemanPRO InfinityMember since 2005
90% of my MP3s are encoded using a bitrate of 320Kbps, when i load one into VirtualDJ my CPU usage goes to maximum and stays there (even if im not playing anything!). I gather this is faulty software?

I have tried this both on my laptop and main machine (Pentium4, 3Ghz, 1Gig Ram) and the same happens everytime. The only way to stop my CPU sitting at 100% is to close and reopen the software. This makes it totally useless.

Is the tech team aware of this? Are there any fixes available?

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 11:15 pm
What version of VDJ are you using? Because in another thread you state that you are deciding whether to purchase VDJ or Traktor.

MS

Posted Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 12:27 am
I am using the version that comes with the DJ Console. It doesn't give me much confidence to buy the full version.

Posted Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 12:58 am
The version says 1.09 and i have applied the update from this site.

Posted Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 1:06 am
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Does your cpu stay at 100% after the song has fully loaded? Your cpu *should* be close to 100% while loading a song...you want those suckers put into memory as quickly as possible.

Posted Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 3:39 am
Yes it stays at 100% after the song has loaded, even if i never play the track and leave it 15 mins it will stay at 100% as if the program code is getting stuck in an endless loop, eventually it just grinds to a halt and crashes.

Posted Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 4:54 am
what is your max load settings?
max load = always, will load song into ram (less cpu usage)
mx load = none (or some minutes), will use cpu

dont worry about the 100%... does not matter :) Windows have build in feature for controlling what apps need resourses.. Vdj will try to use most resurses possible. So 100% if possible, when using max load none :)

but this works better in the full version (2.06 as of now).
the console version is a bit older....

Posted Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 4:59 am
Max load is set to always, which 2 tunes loaded this leaves me apprx 100Mb free.

Posted Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 5:32 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Let 10-15 min for memory because you are only 512 MB. You need 1GB to use 30 min-"always" correctly

Posted Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 11:02 am
I have tried this, no difference. Come on guys i can't be the only person to have had this problem (on 2 different machines!).

Posted Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 4:22 pm
I never had it.

MS

Posted Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 4:57 pm
OK think i might have this problem sorted now although i don't remember doing anything to fix it!

Posted Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 6:12 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I have a P4 3.06 GHz with HT support and the max i get with when i load a song is 54% (59% when loading 2 songs at the same time). Of course, i have vdj v2.06 and all songs scanned before but i have just tried without have scanned and same results maybe it's the version of Virtual DJ and sure the computer

Posted Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 6:54 pm
keep getting a hissing noise coming out of my sound systemhalfway through a song.could you help with this issue please.am using xp10's.

Posted Sun 10 Apr 05 @ 2:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)