Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: sooo... i got my s1200 and...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

the LED's dont light up, there is no info on the displays and it is pretty weak in comparison to how it works from a CD and flash drive.... whats the deal?
(on a mac)

Posted Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 11:36 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Which Mac version, 5 or 6?

If 5, I don't think the S1200 was natively supported.

If 6, don't forget it's a beta. I don't have a Mac to hand so can't look - what does the mapping look like in the mappers window - is there much in there?

Posted Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 2:19 am
SBDJ wrote :
Which Mac version, 5 or 6?

If 5, I don't think the S1200 was natively supported.

If 6, don't forget it's a beta. I don't have a Mac to hand so can't look - what does the mapping look like in the mappers window - is there much in there?

yes, it looks fully mapped, just no LED's or display... and a jogwheel problem
i havent downloaded the latest firmware if that makes any diff

Posted Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 9:29 am
Are you running MacOS 10.5.7 ?

If so, there is a bug in this version of the O/S that prevents MIDI output (LED's and displays) from working correctly.

There is an updated firmware from Denon that may resolve this http://www.denondj.com/firmware.aspx?ProductId=52

If you are experiencing lag/delay when scratching, please try changing the jogwheel touch mapping to the following:

scratch_wheel_touch & vinyl_mode ? down ? hold on : hold off : nothing

Posted Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 12:44 pm
jpboggis wrote :
Are you running MacOS 10.5.7 ?

If so, there is a bug in this version of the O/S that prevents MIDI output (LED's and displays) from working correctly.

There is an updated firmware from Denon that may resolve this http://www.denondj.com/firmware.aspx?ProductId=52

If you are experiencing lag/delay when scratching, please try changing the jogwheel touch mapping to the following:

scratch_wheel_touch & vinyl_mode ? down ? hold on : hold off : nothing

thanks boggis! u always come thru...
is the ANY possibility that we will see a s1200 mapper from you with the same brilliance as the v5 hc4500 mapper?

Posted Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 7:56 pm
It might be a possibility in the future, if adapting the HC4500 mapper to work with v6 is successful.

The DN-S1200 is very similar in functionality to the HC4500, but with a single deck instead of two, so it wouldn't require major changes.

Posted Thu 23 Jul 09 @ 11:55 am
jpboggis wrote :
It might be a possibility in the future, if adapting the HC4500 mapper to work with v6 is successful.

The DN-S1200 is very similar in functionality to the HC4500, but with a single deck instead of two, so it wouldn't require major changes.

The DN-S1200 Version 5 mapper that is out there works flawlessly. You don't have the LED's on, but all the major features you need are there if you add a few more personal Midi shortcuts with the decks. Its only a matter of time before they release a Version 6 update with better Midi corrections...

I've done 4-5 hour gigs with no major issues. Once in a while the SYNC button will freeze on a deck but that's usually after the software has been running more then four hours. Usually i switch over to the backup IPOD connected to my mixer, restart VDJ, and this solves that issue.

Posted Thu 23 Jul 09 @ 11:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)