Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Ver 6 help with a skin [Solved]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I'm trying to create pannels for the rythm section
Pannel 51 is for normal rhythm , pannel 53 is for split rhythm (left deck1 - right deck 2)

So. <rhythm pannel="51"> ...etc....ok the rhythm is ok..

When i try to create the split rhythm pannel i write <rhythm pannel="53">..etc..etc.. i get a line error i tried deck 1, deck="1", nothing

Any ideas?

Posted Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 8:44 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Try to open the XML of new vdj6 default skin and make a copy and paste ;)

Posted Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 3:19 am
The default ver6 skin VirtualDJPro does not contain pannels for rhythm (split for example) , just the standard rhythm.

Posted Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 11:13 am
i understand that you need, but im not a big fan of split waveforms.
my best advise is to look through some of the skins in the download page, and rip what you need out of them..

Edit: Check v-mix 5.4, in the top left corner, there is the clock, to the right of that is a box you click to change the waveforms.

Posted Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 12:00 pm
V-mix 5.4 is a skin not valid for VDJ script ver 6. I have seen those lines in the xml and i tried but no result, i get an error. It seems like VDJ ver6 allows the line rhythm just once in an xml file. Strange. Can someone verify this?

Posted Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 4:13 pm
strange you say this, as i loaded v-mix into vdj6.0.1 and it behaved ok in respect of the rhythm bar. i'll recheck my findings, and report back

Posted Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 6:30 pm
you use the syntax...

< rhythm pannel="51">

< /rhythm>

and

< rhythm pannel="52">
< /rhythm>

its same in v5 and v6 it seams unless im mistaken.

Posted Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 6:47 pm
marksmolinski wrote :
strange you say this, as i loaded v-mix into vdj6.0.1 and it behaved ok in respect of the rhythm bar. i'll recheck my findings, and report back

if you write a skin with first line ....version=5 or 4 and you load it on VirtualDJ ver 6, it plays normally. But if you write a skin on ver 6 you should only use commands ver6 in order to play normally without errors.

Posted Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 8:18 pm
ah, ok. thankyou, i'll keep this in mind.

Posted Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 8:39 pm
Thats correct. The skin engine was completely rewritten for V6.

The first line of your skin XML tells VDJ which skin engine to use.

<Skin name="VirtualDJ 6 Advanced Default Wide" version="6" width="1440" height="900">
This uses the newest engine

<Skin name="VirtualDJ 6 Advanced Default Wide" version="5" width="1440" height="900">
This uses the older engine from V5 and before.

So whilst you can create a skin using the V5 engine and it will work in V6 (like the V-mix) you can't copy the code from a V5 skin and paste it into a V6 designed skin.

Whilst i have not finished a skin using the V6 framework due to work commitments i am 90% sure split waves are possible. I will figure the code out and post here.

Posted Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 3:15 am
Well i found my mistake.... The error on line 225 <rhythm pannel="53"> was actually an error in the entire rhythm block. I was thinking that if i wanted just the deck 1 to be on sight ,commands like chan2_active1, or chan2_active2, or overlay etc were not necessery. Well i was wrong. I should write them too and make the chan2 be black.
So... we are allways learning something !!!!

Consider the topic [SOLVED], or better [SELF SOLVED] !!!!! hehehe

Posted Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 10:20 am
lego07LE userMember since 2010
i cant get my VDJ6 to start. it keeps saying invalid skin file (error line 0 in the xml). what do i do to get it working???

Posted Sat 11 Sep 10 @ 9:40 am
How do you find this thread!? Lol

Simply try uninstalling and re-installing VDJ. If you're using
Vista/Win 7, make sure you install as an administrator.

Hopefully this will resolve the problem.

Posted Sat 11 Sep 10 @ 9:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)