Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: question on rmx skins for v6.01

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just re-image my pc..
strted from scratch with the hercules driver and basic vdj s/w..

then I upgraded hercules driver ans installed vdj v6.01.

Problem that I'm having is that the 6+6 mappings are not showing up in the skin.. I can enable a few but thy don't light up. Also I don't have a choice for the loop in or loop out drop down.

Any ideas??

thanks for your help
mgp

Posted Sat 18 Jul 09 @ 12:35 am
Ditto....having the same issue since i upgraded drivers and vdj..... please help

Posted Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 10:30 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
mariogperez and DreamKillerRadio: for the light issue,
1. Open the cinfig menu and goto mappers. Select your RMX in the device list.
2. Press the Auto-Learn key in the mapper screen.
3. Press the button that you want to map (use the #1 DJ console or "effect" button)
4. In the action window type or copy either of these commands effect 1 active (simple on and again for off) or use effect 1 active while_pressed to make it only work while pressed
5. Press ok at the bottom and try again

If it lights up fine, use that command for each button but change the #1, to the number of the button. This may have been a problem, because the default RMX mapper uses djc_button 1 and the skin uses effect 1 active. This command changed in version 6 and there has been some posts on it recenly. This may solve your issues there.

The loop in and loop out are gone out of the effect list. The same with the pitch as DreamKiller found out on another post. But you can use loop_in and loop_out to map the loop buttons that you need. Any button on the RMX or keyboard can use this command. Check here: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript_verbs.html for a complete list of all the verbs that you can use.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 09 @ 6:12 pm
In case you wanted the pitch commands from the other post here they are:

pitch +0.2% and pitch -0.2%

DreamKiller, did these help at least?

Posted Mon 03 Aug 09 @ 6:40 pm
Sorry i havent responded...I haven't had a chance to try out the pitch commands in 6 yet as my controler is hooked up to a different computer which has 5.2.1 on it right now...I will try to get to it tomorrow

thanx for your assistence though

Posted Tue 04 Aug 09 @ 12:08 pm
OK SO YOU CAN SELECT DIFFERENT EFFECTS FOR ANY OF THE 6+6 BUTTONS??.. I GIVE IT TRY RIGHT NOW.

How do you put the corrsponding effect "in the box" for each button.. I think this is part of the skin..

I never thought I had to be a programmer 1st to be a DJ

Posted Thu 06 Aug 09 @ 8:15 pm
just found Hercules has a new mapper ver 1.0. 2009.

I'm going to give that a try as well.

Posted Thu 06 Aug 09 @ 9:58 pm
If not PM me your email and I will send you mine. If the comand is like I said above "effect # active" you can use the skin to set the effects like you are use to, or you can straight up specify an effect like this "effect "flanger" active". It is easier to leave it up to the skin for changes on the fly. I don't want to get specific with the mapper, I think somebody claimed that if you specify an effect in the mapper and then set a different effect on that button with the skin, it does both (I have not tested). Even if it does one and not the other, that seems like too much to troubleshoot while I am trying to keep the dance floor packed.

Somebody made a help file on it here: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/113813/Hardware_Technical_Support/Hercules_RMX_6-button_Effect_Set-up_with_VDJ_v6_0_1.html

You can seen in my addition to that post, that VDJ changed the command that broke the old Hercules skin (which mine was based off of). So who is really to blame? In my opinion Hercules has not embraced VDJ 6 as a console addition and because of that there are no new skins. They are not really responsible for pro users who can get the update. The old version 5+ does work, even though it forgets all the effects that you configure when you close VDJ. A non Herculese plugin fixes that, though it did not work for me and many others. VDJ 6 is great and it fixed that issue. My view on that is:

Use console v5+ and it forgets your effects when you close VDJ (so broken for many in my view).
Use 6+ pro and that is fixed, but NOW you have to be very computer savy to make it all work as is did before by default.

The changes in 6 are much needed and exacly what we all asked for. Hercules should embrace the new version and update the skins to give the best first impression of thier products, otherwise the impression will be poor as allot of people that are complaining on this forum have RMXs.

I understand that I am not a programmer and it is not that black and white. But as a fairly advanced computer user and about 6 months with VDJ, I can't say that I blame many of the new VDJ members for being a bit frustrated with not being able to use that latest software and hardware without totally relying on this (or other) forum to get started again.

Posted Sat 08 Aug 09 @ 8:56 am
So I just posted my edited RMX skin 3.0 that now should work with the "djc_button" commands of the default RMX map (no need to be a programmer now). I also went through the whole skin to ensure compatability with the new VDJ script. Enjoy

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/7329/RMX_Mod_Don_Houde.html

Posted Mon 10 Aug 09 @ 9:03 pm
DHoude wrote :
mariogperez and DreamKillerRadio: for the light issue,
1. Open the cinfig menu and goto mappers. Select your RMX in the device list.
2. Press the Auto-Learn key in the mapper screen.
3. Press the button that you want to map (use the #1 DJ console or "effect" button)
4. In the action window type or copy either of these commands effect 1 active (simple on and again for off) or use effect 1 active while_pressed to make it only work while pressed
5. Press ok at the bottom and try again

If it lights up fine, use that command for each button but change the #1, to the number of the button. This may have been a problem, because the default RMX mapper uses djc_button 1 and the skin uses effect 1 active. This command changed in version 6 and there has been some posts on it recenly. This may solve your issues there.

The loop in and loop out are gone out of the effect list. The same with the pitch as DreamKiller found out on another post. But you can use loop_in and loop_out to map the loop buttons that you need. Any button on the RMX or keyboard can use this command. Check here: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript_verbs.html for a complete list of all the verbs that you can use.

You are a genuise!! This fixed the problem with a skin that I loved in V.5 I can now use it again. Thank you!

Posted Tue 16 Mar 10 @ 7:53 pm
virtual dj skin for hercules rmx is no good all the rest of dj skins look better .time for a good scratch skin for hrs rmx

Posted Tue 25 Oct 11 @ 11:43 pm

Posted Wed 26 Oct 11 @ 8:45 pm
Always one upping... LOL. Nice work man.

Posted Wed 26 Oct 11 @ 9:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)