Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Thinking of getting a mac for VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I bought a macbook pro for DJing a couple of years ago and it was a nightmare, is VDJ any better on it now?

Posted Thu 16 Jul 09 @ 2:10 am
I have been testing VDJ 6.0.1 (PUBLIC BETA) since release now - and i know some people have had issues - but i havent had a single problem.

I have the late 2008 Macbook Pro 2.53ghz with 4gb DDR3 RAM. Performance with VDJ is excellent.

The only issue i have had is a slight flicker to video out - but hopefully this will be rectified with Snow Leopard (due September 09) and all the problems will disappear ;)

Posted Thu 16 Jul 09 @ 11:03 am
This is one thing I am interested in, video and external screens with mac. Is it easier to get video to a screen with a mac?

Posted Fri 17 Jul 09 @ 5:18 am
I've had some problems with the beta version and my Hercules RMX, its gotten better with beta 2, but the lingering problems remain.

Im not a big fan of having to turn off my wireless connection just to start the program, and also having to be carefull not to push a wrong button or the program is gonna crash.

The old version worked better with thr RMX, but the loop in / out buttons didnt work correctly on the controller, so you have to set up keyboard shortcuts to use them properly.

I'd say wait for the final release of VDJ6 (whenever that may be) for Mac to decide to buy a new computer.

Posted Fri 17 Jul 09 @ 9:57 am
ive had a pc running virtual for a while now..and now I have a macbook pro late 08 with 2.4ghz 4gigs of ram and it runs flawless...i can run a video terabyte,music terabyte, and karaoke terabyte all at once and it doesnt even blink an eye....ive noticed it runs the best on the high res skin and the only flaw ive seen is running video off of netsearch..... but besides that i believe it destroys pc

Posted Fri 17 Jul 09 @ 9:01 pm
Charlie Wilson wrote :
This is one thing I am interested in, video and external screens with mac. Is it easier to get video to a screen with a mac?

Adapters are available to run on external displays. No problem there.

The only issue i think is that the drivers within OSX Leopard, compared to Windows 7 via Bootcamp they are miles behind. But i understand they are being improved in OSX Snow Leopard (out in September - as previously mentioned)

Posted Sun 19 Jul 09 @ 6:33 am
I just got my MacBook Pro today and so far it's been a good change. I have no issues right now with attaching the two Denon DN-S3700 to a Hercules RMX console and using Serato timecode cd. Hopefully there will be no really crucial issues that I will have to face. I can't wait till they have the finalized MAC version of VDJ Pro.

Posted Sat 25 Jul 09 @ 9:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)