Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Vista Service Pack 2 Problems?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

A fellow DJ reported that his PC downloaded and installed the Windows Vista Service Pack 2 and it caused VDJ to lock up. He states, "I spent all of my shift Thursday night suffering crashes on a system that was totally stable BEFORE the upgrade.

My issue is the slow disconnect of the USB connected items. And I mean slow. I'd be up and running, and 3 songs into playlist when the USB audio card would stop, next, several minutes later came the video image freeze on my desktop (screen still playing),.then the USB wireless gyro mouse stopped working, and finally when that song ended the entire program froze.

Because it was dropping USB connects and even gave a blue screen with a code re: USB problems I was at a loss. Every restart was from a "full crash freeze up" and took even longer to reset and get a fresh start to retry each solution."

He ended up doing a Restore to a point before the update to bring his PC to the condition it was prior to the SP2 install and VDJ started working without any issues. Has any other DJs experienced a SP2 issue and their VDJ playability?

Posted Tue 07 Jul 09 @ 5:57 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
DJ Randy L wrote :
Has any other DJs experienced a SP2 issue and their VDJ playability?

Nope,

Install SP2 about 4 weeks ago. Tested it at home for a few days. Done 8 gigs, (Friday/Saturday nights) 4 with Timecodes and 4 with my RMX, and a few hours messing around at home and I have had no problems with it.

Posted Tue 07 Jul 09 @ 6:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)