Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How does VDJ connect up to diffrence hardware configs.....

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Well, i have seen some of the vidoes of some of the Profesional users in action, and some just testing out the TCV, i have never layed my hands upon accutal turntables of any sort or external mixers, and all this i guess can be very confusing to those who (like me) have no idea how using my computer and VDJ to output to diffrent speaker setup's, i know that this is a broadly aimed question but i would like to know. For aguments sake we will use my pc that has a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live 5.1 PCI card in it.

btw any hardware setup documenation that the dev's have created would also be nice please.

Posted Mon 04 Apr 05 @ 7:54 am
Your soundcard can be connected to an external mixer

If you want to use Timecode vinyl to controll VDJ, you also need a soundcard with 2x stereo in.
(dont know it SB Live got that)

Also, recommended that you have an asio soundcard for timecode use, for minimal latency.

If you do not want to use timecode vinyl, your soundcard of today will work fine...

But you need the full version of the software for it to work (2 x stereo output, one for each deck, connected to external mixer)

If you are a real newbie to dj-ing, I would also recommend the Hercules Consol for beginner training.. Its a soundcard with build in mixer and controller for VDJ.
Great for home practice for aspiring dj's

Posted Mon 04 Apr 05 @ 4:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)