Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: V4 Timecodes missing from VDJ6.01

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Maybe it is just me, but I noticed that the support for v4 Timcode Vinyls have disappeared from the latest version of Virtual DJ.

The previous version (5.2.1) had support for the v4 Timecode Vinyls, now that I have upgraded I can't spin anymore. Now I have to order new vinyls.

And because I am Canadian I have to pay an arm and a leg for shipping for the new Rane-CV02 timecodes.

So many hoops to jump through when all you had to do was keep the v4 Timecode support. Oh well, guess I'll have to spin regular vinyls for my next gig.

Posted Fri 03 Jul 09 @ 10:34 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
twillsie wrote :
Maybe it is just me, but I noticed that the support for v4 Timcode Vinyls have disappeared from the latest version of Virtual DJ.

The previous version (5.2.1) had support for the v4 Timecode Vinyls, now that I have upgraded I can't spin anymore. Now I have to order new vinyls.

And because I am Canadian I have to pay an arm and a leg for shipping for the new Rane-CV02 timecodes.

So many hoops to jump through when all you had to do was keep the v4 Timecode support. Oh well, guess I'll have to spin regular vinyls for my next gig.

Hi, you should still be able to use your records.

The V4 / V5 / V6 business is just the version of the software you want to use.

Some people preferred the V4 old way so they left it in now the V6 way has all the great features of both to my understanding.

Posted Sat 04 Jul 09 @ 10:41 am
Odd,

then I am experiencing difficulties with VDJ 6.0.1 not reading my timecoded vinyls anymore

No matter what VDJ Vinyl Timecode setting I set it to (which is only 5 and 6) I get 2 maybe 3% quality, where as with VDJ 5.2.1 with the timecode setting set to V4 I would get 100% quality.

Any suggestions?

Here is my current setup:
2x Stanton T80 Turntables
1x Stanton Mixer
1x Maya USB88
Laptop running Windows XP SP3 with Maya drivers

Edit:
And I would like to mention that I cannot find/miss the auto detecting feature for the timecode advanced settings

Posted Sun 05 Jul 09 @ 2:01 pm
djirschPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,

same problem here. On my vinyl it is writen VDJ TCV3. IS there really a physical VDJ TCV5??? If so I will have to order some... It works if I choose Other relative mode 1000Hz.

Thanks

Posted Mon 06 Jul 09 @ 4:50 pm
I was recommended to pick up the Rane CV02's (Designed for Serato)

So far they are picking up great and responding fantastic, now I am just having some minor issues with needle pickup which i believe is more of a configuration error than anything else.

If you live in Calgary you can pick up the vinyls from Axe Music for $15 Cad

Posted Wed 15 Jul 09 @ 2:23 pm
what do you mean needle pickup?

Posted Thu 16 Jul 09 @ 5:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)