Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Cool Video Transition Can it be DONE!!!! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Ok sitting here at work because I have nothing beter to do besides think of video transitions!!!.....lol

Ok this is what I came up with? Just like the satelite transition why not make the cube a sphere!! one sphere rotating the new video comming in while the old one is still in the background. When the fader is moved to the new video the sphere that is rotating flatten out's to full screen!!.....can it be done!!.....back to work....yeah snoozing....:)

Posted Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 11:01 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
wow, need whatever you got... great idea, now you got me thinking, what about a $hit load of borg cubes coming at you with the current video on any random side and as they get nearer you fade across to the new tune and one gets bigger with the new vid on until it fills the screen...

now that would look awesome, scott need that for this weekend please... thanks

Posted Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 11:13 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Don't want much do you? ;)

Posted Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 12:16 pm
Well now that I got some food :) the sphere with the new vid gets bigger when you move the fader over till it finally flattens out!!.....LOL where the hell do I come up with this!!...LOL I need a job?....hahaha

Posted Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 12:59 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@ scott, with a cherry on top.... please. lol

Posted Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 2:26 pm
I got a slew of transition Ideas...lol Yeah I have no LIFE!!!...lol

Posted Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 2:54 pm
Would you not like fries with that? :-p

The ideal thing to do with transitions is to fire up an image editor - paint.net, gimp, paintbrush, photoshop whatever and just knock up a basic overview with the key steps so I get the idea perfectly right ;)

With these I can then gauge how long to code...

Posted Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 2:55 pm
OK I have CS3 not a expert but I can try to mock up something if you want?

Posted Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 2:59 pm
It doesn't have to be fancy, just something showing the basic stages. Nothing that can't be done with a bit of copy, paste and resize :)

Posted Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 3:03 pm
Ok when I get home I will give it a shot

Posted Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 3:06 pm
Sorry for the slow reply but here is the BEST example of what I am talking about hope this helps??

Like I said the video currently playing in the backgroung when the new video is in the sphere rotating. as you move the fader to the new video it gets larger till it flattens out to full screen.

Posted Wed 01 Jul 09 @ 8:42 am
Do you need more? let me know? Also the satelite boom transition is kinda if what I am talking about? just replace the 2 cubes with the sphere....

Posted Thu 02 Jul 09 @ 12:56 pm
SBDJ did I miss something? I know your crazy busy....just wondering if you need more....let me know

Posted Mon 06 Jul 09 @ 3:50 pm
Is there anyway to turn the transitions from other programs (specifically Sony Vegas) into VDJ plug-ins? Vegas has some really nice transitions.

Posted Fri 10 Jul 09 @ 5:30 am
I know anything posted on the site is free for Pro users, but does anybody know of any third party developer off site that has like a transition pack or individual transition plug-ins for?

You see so many cool transitions on tv (especially the sports channels) and in video editing software programs but there hasn't been any new VDJ transitions in a long time...I think since SBDJ's squares and strips (which are both awesome).

I have atone of great ideas (as I am sure most of us do) but I don't have the skills or knowlege to create them myself and the one programmer buddy I have is too lazy and greedy to create any unless somebody pays him a ton upfront.

Posted Fri 10 Jul 09 @ 5:36 am
dj-e-lectric wrote :
and the one programmer buddy I have is too lazy and greedy to create any unless somebody pays him a ton upfront.

Hahaha so true but we have a old school saying back in the hood where I am from (CHICAGO / INDANA)

"Ant NO FRIENDS when it comes to ENDS!!"

especially during these hard times right now!!!

Posted Fri 10 Jul 09 @ 12:11 pm
Djmadman73 wrote :
dj-e-lectric wrote :
and the one programmer buddy I have is too lazy and greedy to create any unless somebody pays him a ton upfront.

Hahaha so true but we have a old school saying back in the hood where I am from (CHICAGO / INDANA)

"Ant NO FRIENDS when it comes to ENDS!!"

especially during these hard times right now!!!

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying a reasonable and fair amount for things...but this guy still thinks he is at verisign where he worked for ten years making 6 figures to produce software for a multi-biliion dollar company...he has been unemployed now for about 3 years and still is holding out for the mega bucks.

I have already paid him $800 bucks to do another program and it was supposed to be a "weekend project" and it has turned into 4 months and still no results!

Posted Fri 10 Jul 09 @ 4:59 pm
Sorry guys, been a bit tied up, my son has been diagnosed with another rare medical condition so we've been in hospital a lot! Hopefully he'll be home soon, and although he will have to go back to hospital every day things can get back to normal...

Posted Sat 11 Jul 09 @ 7:56 am
dj-e-lectric wrote :

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying a reasonable and fair amount for things...but this guy still thinks he is at verisign where he worked for ten years making 6 figures to produce software for a multi-biliion dollar company...he has been unemployed now for about 3 years and still is holding out for the mega bucks.

I have already paid him $800 bucks to do another program and it was supposed to be a "weekend project" and it has turned into 4 months and still no results!

what a LOSER!!! sorry to hear that!!!

Posted Sun 12 Jul 09 @ 10:49 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Sorry guys, been a bit tied up, my son has been diagnosed with another rare medical condition so we've been in hospital a lot! Hopefully he'll be home soon, and although he will have to go back to hospital every day things can get back to normal...

MAN so sorry to hear this hope your son gets well soon and worry about some dumb transition your son is to important to worry about things getting back to normal!! take your time we will all still be here!! :)

Posted Sun 12 Jul 09 @ 10:51 pm
83%