Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark Total Control won't even turn on...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djkeggPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I ordered my Numark Total Control Tuesday and got it today.

I connected the controller to my computer (via the USB cable) to install the drivers. Drivers installed correctly!

I installed the CUE LE software. Software installed correctly!

I then connect the power supply from the controller to a wall outlet.

I go to open the CUE LE program and it says "The controller has not been detected. Please plug in the controller and restart CUE."

The controller is not functioning as no lights are on and it's not being detected by the computer.

Help, please?

Posted Thu 25 Jun 09 @ 11:44 pm
Ok mate i had similar problem when i got mine and i had to contact numark.

When you plugged in the controller did it say it was installing drivers or did it just make the usb noise that windows makes.

My problem was caused by my webcam. I unplugged both webcam and numark controller restarted my computer then plugged in the numark controller and everything worked fine. only problem is whenever my webcam is plugged in my numark controller does not work so i have to unplug webcam everytime i use vdj.

If you have got a laptop with built in webcam then disable the web cam and then it should work.

If none of the above works i reccommend ringing numark technical support as they helped me out.

Posted Fri 26 Jun 09 @ 5:51 am
The drivers were installed correctly and once it was done installing it said ,"your hardware is ready for use."

I have no built in webcam in my laptop.

Posted Fri 26 Jun 09 @ 8:41 am
DJ azenPRO InfinityMember since 2008
have you try in the configuration menu in the control remote section ,turn it off an the turn it on, the same happened to me with my total control but i used virtualdj not cue i hope it's the same.

Posted Fri 26 Jun 09 @ 10:32 am
I don't think y'all understand.

The controller itself does not turn on at all when plugged to the usb port along with the a/c power supply.

Posted Fri 26 Jun 09 @ 4:13 pm
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Sounds to me as if you might have a faulty power supply. I would suggest you contact Numark and explain your fault to them.

Daz

Posted Sat 27 Jun 09 @ 12:31 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Dazmax wrote :
Sounds to me as if you might have a faulty power supply. I would suggest you contact Numark and explain your fault to them.

Daz

Total Control should work without external power supply.
Vista or XP?

Posted Sat 27 Jun 09 @ 4:44 am
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Correct but he is plugging in both which will default to the external supply. If it will not work from usb either then send it back to Numark. Its brand new so under warranty.

Daz

Posted Sat 27 Jun 09 @ 10:44 am
Once you have installed it all use only the usb and not the external power supply.

Try it on vdj also try it on traktor le that comes with it.

If it does not work on either then i think you have got a faulty piece of hardware so you will have to contact numark

Posted Sat 27 Jun 09 @ 1:02 pm
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I agree w/ Rob, that should be a faulty unit you've got. Better communicate directly to Numark.
Or maybe try installing the trial version of VDJ then plug your NTC in and click on the total control to activate your controller, see if it recognize your hardware. If it does you might have an improper installation or alike. Other than that try installing it to another system.

Posted Sun 28 Jun 09 @ 3:15 am
Dazmax wrote :

Daz

Total Control should work without external power supply.
Vista or XP?

Vista, my friend.

Posted Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 7:16 pm
Correct but he is plugging in both which will default to the external supply. If it will not work from usb either then send it back to Numark. Its brand new so under warranty.

Daz

I returned the original unit and the new one is on it's way.

Posted Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 7:17 pm
bom dia!! como fasso para escutar para usar o PFL do numark com o vdj???

Posted Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 7:54 am
tenho o vdj home 5 mais nao posso asur com o numark como fasso??????? por fabvor ????

Posted Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 7:57 am
keep in mind nothing lights up on the unit until cue or vdj starts up so you cannot tell if its faulty by that. I would suggest checking under device manager and seeing if anything is listed there first.

Posted Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 8:01 am
eu tenho o numark..quando ligo com o vdj nao funciona..nao ler no midi so aparece uma cam..no controle externo nao tem o numark..como fasso pois so tenho virtualdj home 5 plaese?????

Posted Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 9:29 am
bom dia alguem pode me ajudar por favor??????

Posted Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 11:04 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@brazukfish Virtual DJ home edition does not support midi.

You need to buy VDJ pro.

Posted Mon 07 Sep 09 @ 3:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)