Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Version 6.0 timecode pitch moving.. skipping.. HELPPP!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok, Ill give you guys a rundown of my setup first.

2x CDJ1000 MK3's
1x DJM800
1x SL1 Serato Soundard
!x $4000 Laptop (spec: 4gb RAM, Core2DUO CPU. 500GB 7200RPM HDD) a beast u get my drift

Ive been using Virtual DJ version 5.0.6 for the past 12 months with the above setup using timecodes and have NEVER had a problem.
I have played around with the new version V6, and have to say getting the timecode to work is a pain in the arse
(same problem with 5.1 and 5.2).
I am using v5 timecode cd's, have reloaded o/s, updated drivers so clearly this ISNT THE ISSUE!
Have tride dozzens of CDJ's, dozens of RCAS, dozzens of timecode cds, re burnt timecodes, YOU NAME IT IVE TRIED IT. IT clearly isnt a hardware problem. 2 fellow DJs have had the same setup as me for the past year and are having the same problems.

PROBLEM:

The pitch (yes thats pitch not bpm lol) is moving up/down by 0.1 randomly. IE skipping out.
This is really annoying as it makes mixing hard.
Have never had this problem with previous versions.
I am not the only person having problems with this.
There is mention of this similiar sort of thing in other froums, but this needs a new thread. It is clearly version 6 that is the problem.
I have reset to default, changed performance settings, changed timecode config, you name it we have tried it and everytime, FAIL!

Below is screenshots of our settings and a video of the problem. I hope someone can sort this isue out or it's back to v5 for all of us!
P.S Where is the AUTO CONFIG?? lol

Posted Sun 21 Jun 09 @ 7:51 am
Try shifting your Pitch Sensitivity to 0 and see if that helps. I use vinyl and put the issue down to that but i see you are using CDJS. . . hmmm

I also tryed to revert back to 5.2.1 but got an error - tried uninstalling then reinstalling but it didnt work....

Posted Sun 21 Jun 09 @ 6:42 pm
mhm... it really shouldn't be this hard..

Posted Sun 21 Jun 09 @ 8:14 pm
Looks like noone has a solution to this problem.. Very bad bug in the software..

Posted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 7:25 pm
I have the same problem. With timecode vinyl's the program starts to skip.

Posted Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 1:42 pm
i have the virtual_vinyl from numark... and cant even get it to sync..... anyone having problems with this? and vdj6?

Posted Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 4:19 pm
wow.. no fix replys? what can we do about this? noone seems to have an answer? i would hate to have to find another product.. 5.0.7 is so stable..

Posted Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 9:46 pm
djianlPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Having the same problem on my setup!

Had Numark Cue before and timecode worked great, paid for the new Virtual DJ licence swap and the second deck constantly changes speed by .1 of a bpm which makes mixing more difficult than it should be!

I've changed the timecode setting numerous times but it makes no difference!

Posted Thu 25 Jun 09 @ 12:46 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
djianl wrote :

Had Numark Cue before and timecode worked great, paid for the new Virtual DJ licence swap and the second deck constantly changes speed by .1 of a bpm

In the timecode config> Debug page, try sliding the Pitch Sensibility slider (on both decks) to around about 800.0ms.

Does the BPM fluctuate now?

Posted Thu 25 Jun 09 @ 12:53 pm
I think the bpm fluctuation is normal because :
- The hole of the record is never 100 % in the middle and the new software is so precize that it gives a small fluctuation in THE bpm's. It have no influence on your mixes.

Grtz

DJ Creator.

Posted Fri 26 Jun 09 @ 11:41 pm
I have this same issue with a maya 44 USB and 4 CDJ 800's. I used 5.07 and all was 100% perfect.. then 5.1 and 5.2 had this issue.. I was asured it was fixed in version 6. Its NOT! I have pitch drifting when I beat mix and I have to ride the slider on the CDJ800. I never had to do this on 5.07 or any version before 5.1. I have 2 tickets in since june 1st and then update on june 7th and NO response! I think I might either have to go back to 5.07 or find some other software! Ive very disapointed in virtual DJ and how since 5.1 they can not resolve this issue and tell me for them it works fine when so many people on here have this issue

Posted Sat 27 Jun 09 @ 10:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)