Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help sorting out my set-up.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I pretty have no knowledge what so ever so you're going to have to bear with me. I've been currently using VirtualDJ just by listening to the music and then attempting to cut things into songs etc, but it's quite hard to do when i'm having to gauge when to do it just by looking at the time line. So i've been trying to sort it out so I can use headphones. I've got two cables that have a 3.5mm jack that on the other end that have one of those white and red ends, so i've plugged them into the jacks on my computer. I've then plugged another double red/white cable into the mixer and into my sound system. I can hear music, but it's both playing at the same time, and on the headphones aswell. I've tried messing about with the mixer but it doesn't alternate between tracks when sliding it from side to side. Is this way of doing things completely fruitless because I need a better soundcard?

Peace Bill.

Posted Fri 19 Jun 09 @ 10:38 am
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I don't know which version you are using but assuming you are using a multi channel card I suspect the settings are not correct.

If you go to the config tab and select Sound Setup then select external mixer, apply then hit OK this should sort you out, Channels 1/2 marked as front on the card socket will then be the left deck and channels 3/4 marked as rear on the card socket will be the right deck.

Daz

Posted Fri 19 Jun 09 @ 5:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)