Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: PROBLEM:Virtual Dj HeadPhone setup on HP laptop!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Amru391Home userMember since 2009
hello all i have laptop HP 1116 pavilion dv5 with sound card with two jacks and software named CONTROL IDT Audio i extremly made all trial s and i cant make a deck of virtual dj work on my speakers and one on my headphone as usual for any Dj gear always both decks if they are playing and the cross fader in thr middle you see mix of both tracks in both the phones and thr speaker SO PLEASE I NEED HELP FOR A PROPPER SETUP OF THAT thx alot

best regards

Posted Mon 15 Jun 09 @ 9:54 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Most likely , the soundcard in your laptop is not able to provide 4 audio channel (2x 2 Stereo), which is necessary to obtain both a main output and a preview channel.

I've seen other laptop models like this , and the headphone connectors are sending the exact same signal as the speakers connector. They only provide 2 so that you can watch movies with another person for example.

You will definitely need a 4 channel soundcard, preferably using ASIO drivers

http://www.djstore.com/group/soundcards.htm

Posted Tue 16 Jun 09 @ 2:23 pm
buy a USB headphones/headset. your laptop will set it as another output device

Posted Sat 12 Sep 09 @ 2:13 pm
its a dual output soundcard not a dual sound card setup. both outputs are coming from the same card. buy an external card if you are serious about djing. internal sound cards suck ass and have shitty latency.

Posted Sun 13 Sep 09 @ 3:19 am
NoremacHome userMember since 2010
Thanks so much i was having that exact same problem on my hp dv6
i bought a usb driver from ebay for like $2 bucks and am now crossing my fingers
all though i did master mixing with no preview and actually got pretty good at it

Posted Sun 07 Feb 10 @ 7:30 am
I got the same problem with the headphones, so I have two options either get a headphone with USB connection or buy an external soundcard. This problem is so annoying I've been doing big gigs without headphones and im not able to cue and loop songs.

Posted Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 1:20 pm
The "problem" is not with Virtual DJ or the computer.

You need to understand that being able to cue whilst also having a main output requires at least two separate stereo audio outputs. This is standard in most professional DJ hardware, including audio interfaces designed for DJ usage.

A standard computer is not designed for pro DJ use. Therefore the built in audio interface is not suitable.

Posted Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 1:39 pm

Posted Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 2:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)