Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Denon 4500 and Macbook: Only one channel coming through

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just downloaded VDJ 5 and 6 and cannot configure the software to send two separare channels to the external mixer. I checked the Mac Midi configuration and confirmed that it set for 4 channels (Traktor is functioning properly.) I have no idea how to configure VDJ to two channels, can anyone help?

Posted Sat 13 Jun 09 @ 10:46 am
kaiserhead wrote :
I just downloaded VDJ 5 and 6 and cannot configure the software to send two separare channels to the external mixer. I checked the Mac Midi configuration and confirmed that it set for 4 channels (Traktor is functioning properly.) I have no idea how to configure VDJ to two channels, can anyone help?

I've been able to get VDJ 5 working by disabling the internal crossfader, anyone know how to disable it in version 6? Its not in the config menu.

Posted Sat 13 Jun 09 @ 12:43 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It is in the Config -> Options tab -> Crossfader

Posted Sat 13 Jun 09 @ 2:41 pm
cstoll wrote :
It is in the Config -> Options tab -> Crossfader

After a weekend of playing around with VDJ, I was able to make version 6 work. The strange thing about is I had to install version 5, setup up the sound setting and disable the crossfader, and then install version 6. Version 6 still has no option to disable the crossfader and it must have picked up the settings from version 5. I'm guessing this is because Version 6 for the Mac is still Beta.

Version 6 crashed three times during a two hour practice set. Its nice to have the display and controls on my HC4500 lit up, but I think I prefer the simplicity and reliability of Traktor. Traktor just seems more professional and focused, VDJ comes off as trying to be too much to too many people. We'll see if VDJ can get its issues sorted out.

Posted Mon 15 Jun 09 @ 7:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)