Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: MIDI v2.0 (preview)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005

I'm not sure exactly what more i will do to this but i thought i'd share it so far. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

Posted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 12:23 am
My suggestion would be to get rid of the waveforms for a real midi oriented feel. Then add instead the effects and sample drop down menus. Last and formost maximized the library view, I think that midi skin users made their choice mainly because of them bigger browser view.

So far you made a very nice work. Keep up with the good job!

Posted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 3:07 am
I appreciate the advice, the concept of this skin was to model something in the design of Serato's ITCH. How useful this skin is depends on personal use. I released this before ITCH was even in final stages, so now VDJ6 has some more options with skin engine i decided to update it to better mirror the original idea.

Maybe in the future i can create a skin with some of the things you describe.

Posted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 8:46 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
nice and simple skin listen2

it needs a loop indicator, and icons to say if the current time is for remaining or elapsed.
(I will need to add textzone icons in the Skin Creator one day!!!)

Posted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 9:14 am
JeremK wrote :
nice and simple skin listen2

it needs a loop indicator, and icons to say if the current time is for remaining or elapsed.
(I will need to add textzone icons in the Skin Creator one day!!!)

Yes good idea! The loop indicators i will add in somewhere. For the song times i was going to label them or possibly have remain/elasped both visible at the same time. Myself.. i put the skin on remain and read total track time from the browser.

Loops i will add for sure. ;) I think how it was ... I had TEXT appear in the upper corners of the rhythm windows.. but it would not tell you how many beats the look is for just if one is active, and on which deck.

(the skin creator new layout is very nice) It would be incredible on a dual monitor setup.

Posted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 10:20 am
L2 wrote :
(the skin creator new layout is very nice) It would be incredible on a dual monitor setup.

Awesome idea! have the skin on the 2nd monitor, and the XML window on monitor 1, with the info pane there too :)
JeremK? Are you taking notes :)

Posted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 11:10 am
Marph84PRO InfinityMember since 2006
A little loop section would be nice.

I'm using the cdj400 and i cant see the loop length on them. So just a little Section maybe with +- and the current loop length would be nice:-)

Greetz, Martin

Posted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 12:13 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
marksmolinski wrote :
L2 wrote :

Awesome idea! have the skin on the 2nd monitor, and the XML window on monitor 1, with the info pane there too :)

Ok, will do!
I didn't think so many people used two screens.

Posted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 2:36 pm
JeremK wrote :
marksmolinski wrote :
L2 wrote :

Ok, will do!
I didn't think so many people used two screens.

its a power-user setup.
some have 3 or more, especially if theyre into coding apps, etc.

Posted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 2:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)