Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Downloading effects etc... - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I have just bought, downloaded and installed Virtual DJ 6.0.1 but when I try to download any effects, skins etc. i keep getting a message saying the website culd not be found?
Do I have a problem, or do I have to wait so long untill the system updates and recognises me as a registered user? I'm being shown the download links, they just wont work for me.

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 3:15 pm

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 3:48 pm
Thanks, don't know why but my browser keeps putting https:// i typed the address again without the s and it worked fine

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 3:51 pm

Good ;)

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 3:56 pm
Hafa Adai from Guam!!!

I just started VDJ out here in the Pacific, and its a great software that know one seems to be familiar with out here. I just have a little bit of
a problem though. I want more effects, but dont know what to do after downloading them. How do it transfer it to VDJ file etc...

thanks,
md

Posted Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 8:23 am
DJ azenPRO InfinityMember since 2008
every effect install itself in the vdj folder. you just have download it and installed it . don't have to move them.

Posted Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 9:52 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@surfside, have a look at this...

there's more in my blog or better still check out vdj wiki where there are quite a few tutorials to get you through those initial stages with vdj, if you can't find what you need let me know and i'll see if i can make one for you.... Paul

Posted Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 10:17 am
isamxxHome userMember since 2009
i can download the effects but when it comes too uploading and using them on virtual dj , nothing happens. does anyone have any tips or anything that can help me to get them working and i am a MAC based user.

MAC

Posted Wed 16 Sep 09 @ 1:54 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
What effects are you trying to use? There aren't many available for the LE version AFAIK.

Posted Wed 16 Sep 09 @ 4:54 pm
I have a CD of sound effects but i cannot get them to load into the sampler sorry i know this is asked a lot any help ?

THX A LOT

Posted Thu 01 Oct 09 @ 4:40 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Click on the sampler you want. Click on the little dot, top right corner. Then navigate to where the file is stored on your hard drive. Make sure they are 441K or better in quality, and .mp3 format seems to work best for me.

Posted Thu 01 Oct 09 @ 5:22 pm
Can anyone recommend a site that offers a good variety of sound effects (for purchase and free) that's used by club dj's? I like Virtual DJ Pro ALOT. However, the sound effects are lacking in my opinion.

Posted Sat 17 Oct 09 @ 1:12 pm
You can use some VST effects; KVR is a good index of VSTs...

Posted Sun 18 Oct 09 @ 7:18 am
Hi TearEmUp,

I downloaded a few sound effects from another site and they downloaded as mp3 files,can you let me know how to make them work with vdj and assign them to a keyboard function key?
Or just to make them work on vdj.

Appreciate all your help,

DJ Omar

Posted Fri 06 Nov 09 @ 1:15 pm

Posted Fri 06 Nov 09 @ 1:43 pm
ok so maybe im missing something.. i to downloaded the effects for say the cut,, i saved to desktop and then opened to see where it stores. i dont see where it stores and i cant find it in my effects tab..ive done several and the same results...im ok with the samplers as i can see where they are store and i can load them..its the effects that riding my nerve

Posted Sat 14 Nov 09 @ 4:47 pm
Sound effects are in My Documents/VirtualDJ/Plugins/Sound Effects

Posted Sat 14 Nov 09 @ 5:42 pm
jjobbePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I downloaded the effects to use on my laptop. Im not using a mac, i know how to make the .bundle files work in a mac. but on my windows vista laptop, the files are being downloaded as ".exe", what do i need to do to make them work with my virtual dj? i already dragged and dropped them in my sound effects folder. the same thing happened with the skins that i downloaded, they are not showing up on myskins or effects tab.

Posted Sun 22 Nov 09 @ 5:39 pm
You need to run the executable (from anywhere) and it will install itself correctly.

Posted Sun 22 Nov 09 @ 7:10 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
double click on the red box and it will install.

Posted Sun 22 Nov 09 @ 7:34 pm
65%