Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Simple mapping tutorials please (xponent)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am very short of free time at this point as I am now working 7 days a week. Is there a simple tutorial to quickly understand how to do the scripts and a list of terms used to create one? What is meant by using the skin to do it. I\'m not upgrading until I can be able to accomplish even the basics. I use 3 different controllers every day. I didn\'t see anything that I can grasp in the manual and my setups are permanently installed at each location without internet. Does anyone have a completed fully operational mapper for the xponent seeing as most of the replies in this message are from more experienced mapper people? Like the way it works now in V5.2.1... so I can try out V6. I will take more time to learn it but right now I am in a very busy and on a very tight schedule with my fulltime DJ jobs. Some say it\'s very easy once you are on your way but at the moment I can\'t even get there. I don\'t want to jeopordize my job because I played around with something and in the end I screwed it up. I read in this post that it also works plug and play, what is meant by this and what features won\'t work on my xponent controller? Input would be greatly appreciated.

Funkmasterfrank

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 9:36 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
There are no tutorials at the moment other than:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/ControllerDefinition.html
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript.html

You can also look at existing mappings.

I will be porting my mapper code as closely as I can for the xponent shortly.

You can test out mapping code by assigning it to a keyboard, which will allow you test most functionality.

I wouldn't use v6 live until you've confirmed everything works as you want though. If time is tight and you haven't got the time to mess around, why risk messing things up with an upgrade that you don't absolutely need to use?!

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 9:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)