Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin making for VDJ 6.0

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Patje_1PRO InfinityMember since 2007
If you are making a skin for VDJ 6.0 or would update your old skin you have to look if your version number see down here...

<Skin name="VirtualDJ 6 Advanced Default" version="6" width="1024" height="768">
<copyright>- (c)2009 - Atomix Productions -</copyright>

...is the right version number. So if you have a older skin and you will add changes to it with the new new script method you have a chance that some things nog will work correctly. I have changed the version number from a older skin of me from 5 to 6 and changed some things to the new scripting and then i started the skin again and most of the older script didn't work correctly with the newer version.

So if you want to change your old skin you have to leaf the version number to 5 and write it in the old style or you have to modify your whole xml file and write a lot of parts to the new style if you want everything to work and change the version number to 6

This is a warning for if you would like your skin to update to the new version.

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 3:29 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
My skins are version 4 skins, VDJ6 is backwards compatible. It's kind of a pain to have to re-code your skin. I have added new skin options of version 6 in my version 4 skin and they work fine. As far as my understanding most things should work but not might when using an older skin version with VDJ6 . I think the only thing i could not get to work in my older skins was the new blinking options. Everything else was fine.

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 4:07 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I will soon have a skin converter from v5 to v6 in the Skin Creator Tool. This will save hours!

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 6:01 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
JeremK wrote :
I will soon have a skin converter from v5 to v6 in the Skin Creator Tool. This will save hours!

I love you man... will that also bring a ver4 skin into 6? theres not much difference between 4 & 5 if i am correct.

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 10:37 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
yes v4 skins will also be brought to v6.
And maybe even v3 but I'm not sure on that.

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 11:48 am
shanejjHome userMember since 2009
Is this perhaps why some of my skins are not showing up in the program?
I've put the ZIP file in my skin dir. But the skin is not showing up in my VDJ program :-/

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 5:01 am
Shane, No licence users don't have permission to download official skins - if you got them from another source then they're not supported.

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 9:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)