Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: I am in need of a reverse 6.0 skin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mp3jackPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I need the pro 6.0 skin but in reverse. I need black on white background for bright sun performances. I made the mod myself with the old 4.3 skin, but cannot seem to get 6.0 to accept the mod I made to it's skin.

I get an Invalate skin file (error line 0 in the xml). I am using Dreamweaver to edit the original version of pro and then flipping the color settings. Any help would bet great since this instal crashed 4.3

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 12:03 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 2:36 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
never tried it so don't know what the outcome will look like, but put the bitmap in paint and select invert picture, lets know what the results are...

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 4:21 am
actually had a bit spare time this is the result...

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 4:41 am
mp3jackPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thanks

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 9:36 am
tayla wrote :
oops the whole lot came with it, lol.. well its the top one you'll be wanting to appraise.

tayla how can i get that??? i really need that for outside-during-the-day-gigs...they will be coming up since schools out and summer is here :D!!!

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 9:58 am
dead easy guys, for any bitmap/skin you want to change right click on it and on the drop down window select "open with" and choose "paint" when your in paint at the top tabs choose image and in the panel select invert, now when that's done go to file and choose save as... i just added "day" to the original skin name, need any other help or a vid made just get back to me, actually may have something similar, will go take a look.

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 11:02 am
found it, not exact match but there is stuff in the vid that will help you...

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 11:06 am
ok thanks tayla :D!!

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 11:21 am
no probs mate...

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 12:03 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Yes, the fastest way to do it, is in paint by inverting the colors. (But only for the picture)

However, you will then need to invert colors of all textzones in the XML. This is a long process by hand.

Best solution I can suggest:

Download the Skin Resizer Tool:
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/image/virtualdj_skins_7187.jpg

1. Open the XML file of the skin
2. In Output size, copy the input size (we don't want any resizing here)
3. Select an output file (Rename the skin to whatever its name is and add "_day" at the end)

4. In Resizing options, select "Simple Resize" (This option doesn't do any resizing if input and output sizes are the same)
5. In the Options view, select "Outdoor Compliant", this will invert all colors, including the XML colors
6. In Generate view, click on "Do the Job"

Zip both files, and there you are done ;-)

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 1:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)