Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DJ Console MK2 not working anymore under Leopard 10.5.7 [please update your driver]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bob75Home userMember since 2009
Hi,
My console is not recognized as a MIDI controller anymore, and it doesn't show as an audio aggregate device.
I tried updating it with the latest install package, then manually but it doesn't show firmware versions for controller and audio.

On another Mac under Leopard 10.5.6, it's working completely fine.

Any ideas, except reinstall 10.5.6 ?

Posted Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 4:22 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Mac OS X driver package for DJ Console Series - Version 1.36 2009-05-29

Supported products

- DJ Control Steel
- DJ Console Rmx
- DJ Console Mk2
- DJ Control MP3

Installation procedure:

1- Click the link below to download the new driver for your Hercules DJ product

2- Once the download is complete, double-click the installation file and follow the instructions provided to install your drivers.

NOTE: At the end of the installation, you may be prompted to update your firmware version if you have not already updated it. Please be sure to strictly follow the on-screen instructions for this very important procedure.

Minimum System Requirements:
- MAC OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or 10.5 (Leopard)
- G4/G5 1.5 Ghz OR Intel Core Duo 1.66 Ghz and higher
- 512 Mb RAM

Changes :
- Correct the "error in sound driver" problem in Virtual DJ after upgrading to OS X 10.5.7 (Aggregate Device)

[OS X 10.4 (Tiger) / 10.5 (Leopard)] 4 MB
ftp://ftp.hercules.com/pub/webupdate/DJCSeries/DJSeriesInstall_1_36.pkg.zip

Posted Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 4:52 am
Thanks for the quick reply, but I had already downloaded it and installed it, and it still doesn't work on my 10.5.7 Mac.

Posted Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 5:20 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Since your console works correctly on another computer, at least we know it's not a hardware problem with the console itself.

Could you be more specific about the computer where it doesn't work:

- Power PC or Intel?
- Desktop or laptop?
- Are you connecting the console directly to the USB port or through a USB hub?
- Have you tried all other available USB port or a different cable ?

The following screenshots would be useful:

a) Applications> Utilities > Console

- From the top menu, click SHOW LOG LIST
- By default, SYSTEM.LOG should be selected. If not, select it.
- Click CLEAR DISPLAY
- Connect the console to the computer. Allow all operations to conclude, then take a screen shot.

b) Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor

- For the top drop down menu SHOW, select ALL PORCESS
- In the FILTER field, type HDJS
- Take a screenshot

Posted Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 8:39 am
The problem is with a 2007 Macbook Pro, I tried both USB ports with 2 different USB cables. The problem on this computer appeared after I updated to 10.5.7 .

Here is what my console log shows :
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/2736/console.png
Which is nothing.

Here is the process :
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3566/monitora.png

The Control Panel shows no firmware :
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1455/mk2panel1057.jpg

I tried to manually update while pressing the talkover button, and it only showed "amorçage" (=boot) :
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2687/updater1057.png

Thanks for your help !

Posted Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 1:33 pm
If you connected the console while holding the talk-over button, it's perfectly normal that nothing shows up in console since the MK2 is in boot mode and cannot be identified by the driver.

Leaving the updater open, disconnect and reconnect the MK2 WITHOUT holding the talk over.

What information is displayed now?

How about in the OS X console ?

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 7:48 am
As posted previously, it shows strictly nothing when I connect it regularly, without the talkover trick.

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 7:27 pm
Humm...

And I guess you've tried, while in the Updater and in boot mode, to updating the firmware?

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 6:46 am
From the Macbook Pro (10.5.7), when the console is in boot mode, I can launch the audio firmware update, but never the controller firmware update, and the console still doesn't appear in MIDI devices.

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 10:37 am
It is perfectly normal that you cannot update the Controller part of the firmware.

Once the update is done, do you get the following result?

Controller : 6
Audio: 15

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 1:21 pm

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 4:32 pm
I'm starting to run out of ideas for things to try. If the console didn't work fine on another computer, we could lean toward a defective unit, but since this is not the case, I wonder what could be wrong...

Do you get any error message during the install/update process ?

Out of curiosity, when connected, his the console even detected as a USB device in Utilities >SYSTEM PROFILER ?

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 1:59 pm
Yes, it appears:

Hercules DJ Console Mk2 :

Identifiant du produit : 0xb100
Identifiant du fournisseur : 0x06f8
Version : 1.00
Vitesse : Jusqu’à 12 Mb/s
Fabricant : Hercules
Identifiant de l’emplacement : 0x1d100000
Courant disponible (mA) : 500
Courant requis (mA) : 400

There must be a problem with something installed on this laptop, it is really frustrating, and I need it Saturday...
A new "Archive and Install" install of 10.5.6 didn't get it solved either, and a clean install would be cumbersome.

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 6:19 pm
I deleted all hjds files, then reapplied the 10.5.6 combo update, then reinstalled an old HDJMK2_5_14.pkg I still have, and it is now working.
I won't ugrade to 10.5.7 anytime soon !

Posted Fri 05 Jun 09 @ 12:09 pm
Glad your are back and functionnal.

Before you upgraded to 10.5.7, were you still running "the old" HDJMK2_5_14 package, or you had installed newer drivers in the meantime?

I'll try to run some test over the week-end to see if going from a very old driver + the OS X update could be the cause of problem...

Posted Fri 05 Jun 09 @ 12:32 pm
I think I still had HDJMK2_5_14 before the update. But maybe it was a 3rd-party app that was messing with the audio prefs. Anyway, it's working now, and since I had display problems with 10.5.7, I won't upgrade to it.

Posted Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 6:19 am
I've just bought a Pair of Denon 3500 and a Beringher mixer 700 . Can any one please tell me, are serato, traktor, and virtual dj software work with these controlers? and finally what else do i need to buy to get ready for any occasion. I already have the Amp, Laptop, and Speakers.

Posted Mon 15 Jun 09 @ 6:01 pm
Hi I'm having same problem aswell an I need a new serial number aswell it's not reading it and the console aswell I've jus bort this console with the software an I've installed everything an it jus won't read the jog wheel or play an cue button or any of the buttons is it the console cos in configurations actually nothing g working help please

Posted Mon 13 Apr 15 @ 6:04 am
An it's hooked up to a Compaq laptop with windows seven can someone help me with a serial number thankyou

Posted Mon 13 Apr 15 @ 6:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)