Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Headphones [Please help!!]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just bought the full version and can't seem to prelisten a song on my headphones by only using a laptop as a mobile system. Can anybody walk me through the set up. I will be using an M-Audio interface to support a power amp and speakers.

Posted Tue 22 Mar 05 @ 3:14 pm
If you have a single soundcard you need to tell VDJ to split it. Look in configure.

You also need to do some wiring. You will need a stereo mini plug that goes to a left and right (I use RCA). Plug your stereo in to one side and your headphones in to the other side. While at Radio Shack (or wherever) make sur you get the appropriate adapters.

Posted Tue 22 Mar 05 @ 3:33 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
This solution is one but the best one is of course to buy an external sound card (USB) to get stereo

Posted Tue 22 Mar 05 @ 4:36 pm
paisanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJnato:
if I understand you correctly you want to just use your headphones with no speakers, correct? if so, go to your settings and select the setting shown going through the the splitter. then on your skin turn down the volume knob labeled mix(located near your headphone volume). this will allow you to prelisten in one ear and have your master going through the other ear of your headphones. I mixed like this for months before I moved and had more room.
Then if you want to hook up speakers, use a splitter and plug your headphones into one side and the speakers into the other. I couldnt find the specific splitter that would do what was needed so i made something work with what was available.
I took a mono splitter so that the left output came out of one side and the right output on the other side of the splitter. then took mono to stereo converters to turn each of those outputs into two so that when I plugged in my speakers i would hear it from both left and right, and also hear the pre listen in both sidesof my headphones. Not the most preffesional set up but for my bedroom it did the trick just fine.

Posted Tue 22 Mar 05 @ 10:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)