Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Automix Oddity

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok -

So Im new to VDJ and wanting to buy it. I want to use it for mixing music videos for a party we are having.

I've spent 3+ hours learning the ins and outs and can see how amazing it is.

Here's my challenge - I want to use automix for a large part of this party. I've done the BPM detection on all the MP4s, and I've set in/out points for almost all of the videos (by right clicking on the BPM button).

Here's the problem - some of the points don't seem to get saved while others do.

The easiest way for me to see this is by exiting the program, reloading it and dropping a track on one of the decks that I've previously set the in/out points for. For 60% or so of the videos the previous points load fine (I see a "1" at both the in and out points I set). For the other 40% the points don't seem to persist.

I can't figure it out - it's infuriating.

I thought it was related to the files that had a "*" in the BPM column, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Any ideas? All the MP4s were encoded at the same time and by the same program.

The party is this Saturday - so any help is greatly appreciated!

Best,

Worldsense

Posted Wed 27 May 09 @ 10:06 pm
Hi,

Are you sure it's not to do with the different types of automix that vdj will do? There's always 3 options for the different types of auto mix: mix fade, mix cut and mix tempo. Each different type of mix can have different entry and exit points. You can also choose to disable the cut mix and tempo mix options. Most of the time vdj will choose the type of mix it thinks will go best with the current song that's playing. So if you set the points for the "mix fade" at the start and end of the song then, but VDJ decides to do a beat mix, then it will use the "mix tempo" in and out points. These might not be the same as the points you set.

Basically, you need to set 3 lots of in and out points for each song by clicking on the little circle next to each of "mix fade", "mix cut" and "mix tempo". Then set the point you want for each.

That's the only thing I can think of, if you already have set mix points for all the 3 different types of mix for each song and it just isn't saving them I'm not sure what it could be.

Also, if you're looking more at the automated side of things, have you looked at mixmeister?

http://www.mixmeister.com/products_mmfusionplusvideo.html

Posted Sat 30 May 09 @ 4:57 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)