Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DJ online?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey people..

I'll keep this as short as i can, all in all, i have friends that i want to show them my mixes live..however, dont know how to properly set this up, ive looked in the options, i see the whole network ip area... how do i set this up in a general manner so i just give them an ip and port to run through their winamp/windows media player and they hear me with what im playing

what ip should i put? and what ports are best? (i have a firewall but i can get around that, just need to know what ports to open) I feel like a beginner...well im not ashamed of it so help me out here guys, and thanks for your time

MonkiE

Posted Tue 22 Mar 05 @ 2:25 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
All you need to do is free any port you want (usually 8000) on your rooter/firewall as virtual server, so people will be able to connect through that port. You probably use shoutcast sever, so when you set up the plug-in in VDJ, people from internet must connect to your internet IP, for example "http://192.5.48.0:8000/listen.pls" (where ":8000" is port number, "listen.pls" a 'file' which contains current audio buffer).

I'm not sure if it's possible to use it with trial (correct me if I'm wrong).

Regards.

Posted Tue 22 Mar 05 @ 7:39 am
If you don´t have a static IP you might also want to consider using some kind of dynamic DNS service. This way your friends won´t have to ask you for your current IP if it changes everytime you dial up. Also be aware of the fact that you need LOTS of upstream bandwidth. It scales with the number of clients. A 128kbit mp3 stereo stream should take about 13kb/s for EACH client.

Posted Tue 22 Mar 05 @ 11:17 am
Hey guys..

Thanks a lot for your help, after being the lazy person that i am, i searched up through your threads about broadcasting it online... i downloaded 2 files for shoutcast, then went to their site to properly set up the server to run from my current location, then realized that the plug in for shoucast is already included in the VDJ software (awesome idea by the way for whoever created this!) and i now offically have it running for the few people that like listening to me..now if only i had skill... :D

Thanks alot you guys, if i have more questions ill be sure to post up about it first...take care..and keep the good music flowing in this world..im hearing nothing but garbage on fm radio stations..bah!!!

next thing you know..i'll be hearing online radio and internet connection in cars through sattelites.... :-)
PhaT-MonkiE

Posted Wed 23 Mar 05 @ 5:19 am
PhaT-Monkie..........(awsome idea from whoever created this!)This person deserves some support for this awsome program and if you do apreciate it then you should purchase the full version and maybe someday play on Vdj Radio
Regards
Andre

Posted Thu 24 Mar 05 @ 11:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)