Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: A couple of controller questions.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

(1) When you move the pitch fader on the controller and it changes the pictch on the video/audio, but what about when you load the next song, does the pitch "0" become wherever the controller fader was or does the controller have to be returned to the "0" position before you can adjust the pitch of the new song?

(2) On a controller with touch sensitive jog wheels does any vibration (from base, table, tapping, someone bumping the unit, etc.) cause the jog wheels to move thus affecting you sound?

(3) With the RMX and Steel I heard there were 2 major problems (a) static doing weird things to the software control (probably caused by the usb power and improper or non-existant grounding) and (b) have they come out with a regular powered unit (one that has a power adapter and NOT usb powered).

Posted Mon 25 May 09 @ 11:21 pm
1) No the Pitch stays where the hardware slider is.

2) Not sure. I use a DMC2 no touch jogs

3) Someon with these units will have to chime in

Posted Tue 26 May 09 @ 12:10 am
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
1) No the Pitch stays where the hardware slider is.

So if the video in deck a is being played at +3.4 then the next video I load in deck a will also start at +3.4?
What if I use the pitch sync button to match the pitch does the fader automatically move on the controller to match the pitch?

Posted Tue 26 May 09 @ 11:08 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Pitch actual works in 2 fashions depending on the settings in the Config->Options panel.

If you have Pitch Reset -> Disabled, then the answer given is the way the system works. If you have Pitch Reset -> Enabled, then when you load a track the pitch is sent back to 0. And then you have to 'match' the controller's pitch to the software before it will move the software's pitch value.

With the process you described about using the Sync. Regardless of the 2 settings I just mentioned, if the controller's pitch location does not match the software's pitch, then you will need to move the controller's fader until the two meet. Then the software will start to respond to the controller's position. This is the safe pitch option that exists in VirtualDJ so that you don't get large jumps in pitch change once you move a pitch fader on a controller and they are not equal.

As to your question about vibrations and touch sensitivity - depending on the design of the touch sensitivity mechanism I am sure vibrations can cause an effect, however; I have never heard anyone report such a problem. Guess if you were setup on top of your SUB, you might see some results ... :)

As for the RMX/Steel scenarios - there have been reports of weird issues with static discharge knocking the units offline. Unfortunately, neither unit has an alternative power source plug and are solely powered via the USB bus.

Posted Tue 26 May 09 @ 11:37 am
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
cstoll wrote :

As to your question about vibrations and touch sensitivity - depending on the design of the touch sensitivity mechanism I am sure vibrations can cause an effect, however; I have never heard anyone report such a problem. Guess if you were setup on top of your SUB, you might see some results ... :)

Oh yesssssss I can vouch for the bass vibrations from being above a sub! It would drive me crazy with the VCI 100! In the new dj booth I don't have that problem but before it drove me crazy!

Posted Tue 26 May 09 @ 3:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)